Random Movie Pick

Cinkadeus

So I was perusing netflix last night and came across a film I'd never heard of but gave it a go. It was called Perfect Host staring David Hyde Pierce from Frasier.

quick synopsis: A fugitive on the lam decides to crash a dinner party. But he seriously regrets it when the mysterious and unusual host soon has him convinced that he would have been better off hiding somewhere else.

I was really surprised. It was actually an enjoyable film. If you have streaming netflix, I highly suggest checking it out.

EDIT: DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER. Like Cracked.com always points out, they gave away the entire twist in the trailer. I was going to link it but I decided to watch it first, good thing I didn't watch it before I watched the movie.

Edited by Cinkadeus

I read a review of Perfect Host a while ago. Supposedly, the first half is good. I have heard of comparisons to Hard Candy (2005), which was a film with an equally interesting premise.

A lot of times films like Perfect Host get either a limited release or get shoved onto the rental shelf. It's too bad because I've seen films that never got a theatrical release that are actually decent.

• Like 1