No hate just thoughts.

chick82

(edited)

So after talking to a few people about the recent thread of Biggs for change campaign and it getting very off topic. Some have said just let it cool down blah blah blah.

From the queen of follow the rules, being mean, and down right opinionated. I say let's be real.

Rules of this thread:

No calling people out!

Stay on topic!

If you have an ideal for balancing post just the ideal. If you like someone's ideal or have a mod on that ideal post it.

No posting about changing attitudes! This is only for ideals that Jackie could should a concensus be made.

If you don't think anything should change aside from the normal vote scramble post keep it the same.

No one needs to explain why they want or don't want something this is simply an ideals for team balancing thread.

Edited by chick82

I appreciate the sentiment here, but I'm just going to make a separate poll with more details when I am finished with it. I guess if anyone wants to weigh in with ideas about balancing--whether it be modifying the current scramble method, or doing something completely different... feel free to do so here.

(edited)

I don't think this is necessary. Last topic was the end of it IMO.

You can see from the last post that many agree its the recent change in attitudes.

Take any new person to the GCFTW server, they lose= they accept it as a 50/50 chance outcome of a l4d2 game.

A few regulars lose= Something wrong with game, change it

Edited by Times138

Hmm, I can see the issue with changes in attitudes and I will agree that may be a problem for some players on the server. But for me the goal of the server is for the most possible people to have as much fun as possible playing on our server. That means different things to everyone. Maybe to some it means having a well-balanced, close, competitive game... maybe to others it's just playing with people you know... maybe it means winning big and completely crushing the other team... maybe it's getting achievements, or beating up your steam friends on the other team, idk!

My point here is that it's very difficult to accommodate everyone's ideas of fun... I guess I wanted to try to address the possibility of creating more close games by using a 'handicap' feature.

While a change in attitude may be in order for some players, that's not really something we can force--unless we start kicking/banning for "bad attitudes", not sure exactly what that means--I guess you know it when you see it? I know it's hard to just--boom--change your attitude and start having fun, but if we just keep in mind that the general premise of a video game is to have fun, that may help us out here.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I think it's ok since Chick started it to give me a chance to repost my initial ideas. I'll do that sometime later after I have more time to flesh out my handicap thingy. For now, just stick to the topic title here--No hate just thoughts.

If we could just avoid the outright thrashings that would be fine. I don't know that we need changes to the game for that, just changes to attitudes. There are already a lof of players that will switch over to an obviously weaker team to help it - it is that kind of thing that makes both them great players and the server great. As I have said, I am ok with losing, it is the crushings that suck and take the fun away. Personally, I think this is a part of the values I have seen at GC, for the most part.