Guild Wars 2 - Legendary Weapons Crafting Guide

lousiest

Someone else put up a breakdown of the items needed to accompany the chart above:

---

Awesome chart. I think to hold up the motivation for a legendary you need to divide&conquer the whole problem. Let's not kid ourselves. Even if you bough all the mats for $/€ you would still need to play on a daily basis for some hours for several weeks to get all the stuff that is account bound. You will notice that some gifts require doing a specific task (most likely for days ;) ) while others mostly rely on acquiring huge piles of a certain currency (mostly coin). Since you might change your mind in time about what actual legendary you want to create, you should craft the arbitrary gifts first. To me the Gift of Mastery seems the best one to start with. 100% World completion seems like the least repetitive task and AN has made the Tyria of GW2 really beautiful, so why not see all of it? By then you should have more than enough skill points to get the Bloodstone Shard. From what I found out from the web all Gifts are accountbound. Getting 500 Badges in WvW will take you around 2-5k kills (reports from web vary a lot).

Note that with common mortal luck the failed Mystic Clovers will most likely provide you with all the necessary T6 mats (35 x (1 - [CMC]1 ) x 77 = ~2k T6 mats). AN increased the luck component for this craft by grouping the procedure (10 mats -> 10 clovers) as this increases the diversity of success rates greatly (throwing a coin 10 times will more likely give you a 50/50 distribution than throwing it twice). This will be extremely frustrating for most people, but you'll need to get over it :D . As for the Exotic Base Weapon: You will need to 'mysticforge' 4 lvl76+ Rares/Exotics of the weapontype you want to create (it seems like it has to be either 4 exotics or 4 rares). With that you have a chance to create the desired Base Weapon. I strongly suggest not to salvage any lvl76+ Rares/Exotics, even if you don't want a Base Weapon of that type but to trade them for one you desire. IMHO AN did a very nice thing with creating these Base Weapon since they are kind of an appetizer and give the player something to see and show off in the long journey of becoming a legend ;)

Some raw numbers of what you will need, just to give you a punch in the crotch:

• 120 gold (100
    |Icy Ronestones|
    + 2 x 10
    |Recipes|
    )

• ~1M karma (0.5M
    |Gift of Mastery|
    + 2100 x 77 / [CMC]
    |Mystic Clovers|
    )
    NOTE
    Obsidian Shards
    are soulbound, so you need to get all the karma on one character

• 100% World Completion

Badges of Honor

• 500 Dungeon Tokens
    NOTE
    Soulbound!
    :(
  • ~350 Skillpoints (200
    |Bloodstone Shard|
    + 0.6 x 77 / [CMC]
    |Mystic Clovers|
    )
    NOTE
    That means approx. 150 levelups on lvl80

• ~500
    Ectos
    (250
    |Gift of Fortune|
    + 77 / [CMC]
    |Mystic Clovers|
    )

• ~250
    Mystic Coins
    (77 / [CMC]
    |Mystic Clovers|
    )
    NOTE
    That's 5 months of continuous playing, so buy them in the TP while they are cheap

• lvl 400 in 2 job professions (Weaponsmith + a profession depending on the legendary)
    NOTE
    This will give you 2 * 10 levelups = 20 Skill Points | edit: not necessarily on the same character

: Chance to get
    Mystic Clovers
    ; Reports on the actual value vary; I found that most reports estimate 30%

• |Item|
    Reference to for what item the mats are used for

(source)

That seems like more of a bragging rights thing than anything... unless people are really trying to max-out everything they can. The majority of people would be fine with the normal rares and exotics, I think... especially since a large part of GW2 is the player skill.

I still see warriors running around with 4 signets, melee rangers, even some warriors/guardians using a scepter for the AoE. A warrior with supreme gear and 4 signets is still going to be bad.

That seems like more of a bragging rights thing than anything... unless people are really trying to max-out everything they can. The majority of people would be fine with the normal rares and exotics, I think... especially since a large part of GW2 is the player skill.

Yup, totally agree, since GW2 is skill- and not gear-based.