PSA on custom nights

anzul

(edited)

last saturday night we were playing carnival whit all menbers and i sugested(begged) that we played a custom so we skiped the finale and switched to warcelona (thanks meng!) sadly, the most players we ever got on the server was 11, people tried to conect to the server several times but they kept getting disconected.

so we decided to not play it and instead do mercy+vip+pathing. fun times... for the first team to go hahaha

aniway, the point of this thread that everyone need to test some things before playing them online.

-play the map on your own(online), all of it. do it on easy so you can go trough it faster

-remenber that warcelona is a HUGE clutered map if you have a crappy pc you will likely crash.

-the map has its own replacements for either the gnome or the cola in the form of a huge lamb leg found in the first map.

-the map also has a reskin for some zombies (soccer shirts) if you have addons for that, test/deactivate them. same for the gnome/cola.

-the second or third map has a small minecraft easter egg area, that you cant see in spec.

-if everything fails, turn off all addons and restart the game.

if anyone can think of something else that could be causing issues, post it.

here is the map in 1 just file if the workshop version keeps giving you issues, try this one.

all you have to do is unzip it and place it in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons

btw, on the workshop page for the map i noticed someone recently wrote they had this problem:
File missions/warcelona.txt collides in VPKs:
Warcelona_part1
Warcelona_part2
Warcelona_part3

has anyone that plays the worshop version gotten this problem? i'd test it myself but my internet is slow and the download would take way too long.

i cant into thread tags.

Edited by anzul