paintball guns

w1cK3D.

what is a mid range [pricewise] gun that is quite good? or would you recommend just spending the money and getting a really good gun. i wasl ooking at the TippMann A-5. *drool* soooo nice :rolleyes:

(edited)

The A-5 is a pretty nice gun, but I would recommend getting something that let's you select what hopper you would like to use with your gun. If all you plan on doing is rec-ball with it, then I would say it is a good buy. But if you want a gun you can upgrade with a bunch of after market goodies, or plan on getting more serious with paintball, I would recommend another gun. Like a 98 (if you are peculiar to tippmans) with an electronic trigger. Or a PMI or Kingman brand with similar qualities you are looking for. All have good models on the market with boatloads of after market supe-ups you can add to them. Just hunt around before you buy, you can run across a really good deal if you take your time.

***added***

Also I wouldn't go out and spend the money on getting a "really good gun" until you are sure that you will be getting your money out of it. Everyone knows that paintball can be an expensive sport, and I wouldn't recommend spending too much on a gun if you are gonna just be an occasional weekender or play in the woods every now and again, unless of course you run across a deal that is too good to pass up.

Edited by SwOOp

I would recemond a Tippmann 98 custm to start, GREAT gun to start with and upgradeable any and every way.

Down the road if you wish to get more serious a 14 inch ThunderPig is a nice upgrade along with a electro or response trigger. Then you can throw in nitro, expansion chambers, the works. I recemond a tippmann to all.