Monitor Driver Help.

Guest Orbital

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Hello everyone,

I am Orbital, and I have a request for anyone who knows anything about computers. My problem is, whenever I change the refresh rate , by fixing it to the max on my NOKIA 445 PRO Monitor, Windows XP Sp1, keeps switching the NOKIA 445 PRO Monitor Driver to the Default Plug n' Play driver for monitors. [This means: I update my drivers, and it reads NOKIA 445 PRO under Monitor Drivers in my Device Manager, but after a few restarts of my computer, because I cosntantly have to due to tweaking and it's a necesseity, it re-sets my NOKIA 445 PRO Monitor BACk to the WINDOWS Default.]

So, after a few restarts, the Monitor Driver keeps switching back to the Default Driver.

The only way I can fix this, is if I unistall the Driver from my Device Manager in Explorer, and then I just do a "Scan for Hardware Change." And it sets it back to the NOKIA 445 PRO driver, but... it only stays this for about a few restarts.

My confusion is, I've unistalled the driver, the monitor, reinstalled everything. I've tried a whole lot of tweaking, working on this problem, it's the only real problem I have with my computer, and if any of you could help me, I'd GREATLy appreciate it. Thank you ever so much.

-Orbital :blink:

P.S. I've unistalled, and reinstalled all my drivers properly, and this is the latest drivers by ViewSonic (They bought out Nokia's Monitor division). PLEASE HELP!

It does the exact same thing for me. I'm using a Viewsonic GS790 and installed my drivers which it recognized but everytime you restart it puts it back to the plug and play monitor at a 60hz refresh rate. It's pretty annoying. I've done the same thing as you and cannot get it to keep using the drivers that I want.

sp1 is an ugly update, it wasnt a good idea to install it yet, theres going to be an sp pack for the sp pack (lol reminds me of nt4 sp pack 4 days) so if theres anyway to uninstall it go ahead and do so. now orbital if you are using the reforce refresh rate fix go ahead and record all your refreshes at resolutions for games which u play at, (800x600 1024x768) mainly. use reforce with the default monitor installed, and edit those refresh rates to those when ur monitor driver is properly installed. because when default monitor is installed it isnt going to show the highest refresh rates that your monitor can support because its a default driver, this doesnt mean that your monitor cant support them, just enter in the max values manually. thats all you can really do for now until they fix sp1