Darkfall

All Kill3r

if anyone plays MMORPG's check this out. http://www.darkfallonline.com/

-I took this little clip about framerates for Darkfall from my old Shadowbane guildsite::

This was taken from a Stratics IRC Developers Q&A:

-Kiir *Osthman* Since this this game is going to have major clan battles, how will you make sure the FPS and the lag isn't so bad that you won't be seeing a slideshow? Is the graphic engine that good? ;)

-Kjetil|Dev We started out designing the Darkfall technology so that it will be able to handle a lot of 'action' on the screen.

Basically this means that we have incorporated LOD (Level Of Detail) in every aspect of the engine and server.

That means that both network data and visual data will be downgraded if you get into a situation where your normal network connection and/or computer can't handle the load at full detail.

The engine will sacrifice a lot in visual quality in order to keep the framerate steady if you are in a huge battle.

After all, eye candy is not the thing that will be on your mind when 20 angry Orks are running and screaming towards you.

Game looks awesome and sounds really cool with the lore. I wanna play simply for the PvP of it. Game sounds like its based for the PvP players working around large scale battles and lots of action with less lag then any other major PvP game yet.

Drawback, probably wont be released for another year since its only beggining betas now. :boo:

::bump::

With release coming closer and closer and guilds recruiting for release day of Darkfall the game is becomming more and more anticipated for everyone. If you would like to play and fight along with me and my Shadowbane guild ( http://sc-sb.com ) you should check out our boards there and speak with Malevolent. We as a guild are moving from Shadowbane to Darkfall when its released and hope to be very successful as we were in Shadowbane. Our guild thread for recruitment and announcement of our arrival at Darkfall on thier boards here.

P.S. For those that say i would never play a MMORPG such as UO, AO, EQ, SB and more....well Darkfall developers have decieded the game will be in FIRST PERSON to better view thier worlds and give gamers a more realistic reality.

xtc