PILOTS WANTED

Crowbar

One of my favorite online experiences was playing Jane's USAF flight sim. This was back before I was really into computer games. I only had played Falcon 3.0 and USAF. I used to get online (dial-up even o0o ) whenever I could and fly. There weren't very many of us, maybe 150 pilots in and out per day, which wasn't all bad. We had squads, some of them very well organized, and we all knew each other. Much the way this community is, only on a smaller scale. The squads I was in ranged from just a stupid joke, to a (fun) serious squad that would track your kills and promote pilots based on K/D ratio. And I was recognized by most everyone as a really good pilot. They said one of the best, but I never thought I was that good. There were a couple of squads in particular that had amazing pilots. One squad even started a flight school to train newbies.

Anyway, all that is leading into a call for pilots. I want to get a good combat flight simulator and start flying again. Get the Gamer's Coalition community out in a totally different genre of gaming. I know Bigshaw does a fair bit of flight simming, so perhaps you can recommend a title or two, Shaw. I don't really care what era sim it is. I tried LOCK ON, but the downloaded copy didn't come with a manual, and you really need a manual for flight sims. That WWII one with the weird name looked really sweet, I can't remember what it's called at the moment though.

So, if you'd be interested in picking a flight sim and forming a squad, post up! :boing:

http://www.il2sturmovik.com/

Fly this on a regular basis now...its great on-line very smooth, many mods such as co-op and more... its pretty stable on-line too wich is rare in the flight sims. I recommend getting Gold Pack wich includes IL-2 Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack. and its gonna be cheaper than buying both separately.

Also I have Lock-ON and do fly w/o manual, all u realy need is to spend some time with training missions