Chevy Equinox

gOOters

Crowbar made me think of this in his last post.

http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox/

My wife and I actually went car shopping for her this weekend. We drove a brand new Honda Accord EX, it was beautiful...dark grey and black leather interior. Honda

The Honda is ALOT for your $ imo. You get a really smooth EXTREMELY well built car with terrific ammenities for the low $20K range. Thats a deal.

Now for the kicker...Christi actually liked the way the Equinox drove more! She liked the extra power that the V6 chevy gave her, and they designed the power steering to be super boosted around town, so there is no steering feedback, but it really is easy to drive.

I am really excited about the Equinox because I actually like the way it looks (have never been a fan of small SUVs before), I like the way it drives, and it hass a million cool design features to make the most of its space and hauling capacity.

In fact, with the optional leather and sunroof, I'll bet it is a pretty decent little car to make a road trip in! Default is front wheel drive...another bonus, added traction in inclement weather, and you can add AWD as an option.

All in all, I think you get ALOT for your money with the Equinox. Now the big question for me is...how reliable will it be, what is the build quality? (crosses fingers)

We will give it until around November and then make our purchase.

Sidebar: Interesting enough, the Equinox is targeting the Lexus RX330. Obviously, they are not the same thing...but the Lexus has not earned a great reputation for reliability with that particular vehicle, and I really dont like the look of it. The Equinox gives you all the same features for about $14K less. Albeit, minus the badge ;)