Aimbot?

Guest ClockworkXIV

Guest ClockworkXIV
Guest ClockworkXIV
Guest ClockworkXIV
Guests

First off, I've really been enjoying myself playing on the Mobocracy server. It's one of the few servers that I get a good ping on that always has players, and isn't always filled with noobs.

I come here to ask a question: is there any possible way for the admin of a server to know if a player is using an aimbot? The reason why I ask is that I suspect that one of the regular players on Mobocracy named "Fission" is running one. Granted, I realize that some people spend A LOT of time playing FPS games and have great aim. However, Fission's aim seems a little too perfect. He does all sorts of things that seem just plain wrong, like hit you with every single shock rifle shot, from all the way across the map, regardless if you're dodging or not. Also, the only weapons he uses are the shock rifle and lightning guns, and again can hit you every single time with each regardless of if you're dodging or not.

Again, I realize that some people are really, really good, but this seems a bit too good for me.

Guest ClockworkXIV
Guest ClockworkXIV
Guest ClockworkXIV
Guests

Thanks for that helpful information, but I think I've already expressed that thought.

If he has 100% accuracy with any weapon from all the way across the map then I have to pity the poor kid, he or she probably never goes outside.

We'll keep an eye out for the guy. Now that the name is brought up, anyone that stops by here will probably spec him.

Personally, I don't even want to discuss hacks in UT. I'd rather close my eyes and stick my head in the ground because I still enjoy the game too much.

We'll watch. Demo if you're into making movies.

I came across him in the server a few hours ago and I have a demo of it. I am always hopeful that it's just a really good player, and I was giving him the benefit of doubt until I watched the demo a few times.

It was pretty clear that something fishy was going on when I hit the pause/play buttons repeatly to see it in slo mo (there isn't a option to add to demoplay for this, is there?)

Weird things I noticed:

1) I have never been taken out in a Manta so quick with a mini, pauses revealed that he never stopped facing me the whole time.

2) I went out of his aim twice, each time he instantly started shooting at someone about 120 degrees from where he was shooting before. It's really obvious the second time, because I was only out of range because I walked behind a manta (I think it was a manta) just for a second, when I was back in his 'aim' he started shooting at me once again right away.

3) The most obvious I think, is right when I get in the raptor. Two other team mates spawn at the node so there are three of us right there, and he only shoots at the person closest to him, the second someone else gets closer he switches.

Like I said, I have a demo, just no play to host it. It's 16 megs. It starts right in it (I started it after he killed me about 10 times in a minute before I could finally get him back), however he leaves the server pretty quick. The incident after the raptor he leaves - I shoulda stopped the demo there, but I didn't realize that he left the game.

If anyone wants to see the demo, just give me... actually my fiance has some space somewhere on the web that she is kind enough to let me use. I will upload it and will post the link here when I'm done.

The demo can be found here now

The upload died at 12 megs, but it still seems to be ok. It's only the first few minutes of the demo, after I take off from the node in a raptor is about the point where he leaves the game.

I don't know whose site it's on, but I guess it's someone we know with a decent amount of bandwidth for the month. Regardless, I will probably take it down in a day or two... I dont want anyone mad at me :D

Thanks for hosting it and uh.. duh, I should of zipped it up in the first place, I wasn't thinking to well last night I guess :blink:

To play the demo you just need to unzip it into the 'demo' folder in your ut2004 directory. Then when you load up the game, bring up the console with the '~' key. From there type in:

demoplay (name of demo)

in this case, it is '1'

while it is playing you can hit Esc (I think it's that key) to bring up the stop, pause, play button (note: stop will end and unload the demo)

To record a demo, while in game bring up the console and type:

demorec (any name you want to give it)

In ut99 the demo playback would allow 3rdperson view and allowed you to view the game from other players (provided the other player is close enough to you, the server would not send your computer other players locations if they were not in range of you). I could get neither of these things working in ut2004. Perhaps someone else knows how, if it is even possible.

Hope all this makes sense :)

Anit-Hackers Unite!!!

I took a look at the your demo, a few times in fact. I have...and I repeat...I have seen players using AIMBOT in ONS before...it does exist, no question about it. From rumors that I have heard is that it is actually the Auto Aim that you can turn on in your settings...but it have been hacked so that it functions in Multiplayer...and it has been oversensized to pickup anything within a certain distance and inside the players periphrial vision and lock on to it.

Now that you mention it...it was that tard Fission who I ran into before...on a different server too. I was playing on Torlan and my team was making good headway...we had backed them up into thier base. I was at thier corner node...and then I got hit about 5 times or more from the Gun Turrets back at Fission's Base!!!!! even tho I couldn't even see the base!!!!...then I watched the chat text start sayting....so and so got fried by Fissions Ion Turret...repeatedly...oh yeah...he had the hack.

The worse part about it...the teammates were saying..."Hey Fission...get in the Gun Turrets!!!"

So then I died and spawed back at my base and just to make sure I walked up the hill to the tunnel where the Hellbender is on the comm tower...I hadn't even seen a bad guy the whole walk...I then jumped up onto the ledge to look out through the crack in the wall....bam bam bam...dead..."Brillow_Head got freid by Fission's Ion Turrent"

There you have it. Testimonial Ah-La Brillow_Head.