Monster

gOOters

(edited)

Well I spent about the first half of the film being distracted by how nasty Charlize Theron managed to look in this movie, but once I got into it...WOW. I mean it was absolutely NOT a feelgood movie. Actually, I would say that it was fairly emotionally disturbing. Sad...very very very sad. :( And the worst part is, it is based on a true story.

Charlize did an AMAZING job in this movie, I mean Academy award type performance. Actually I dont even know what kind of recognition she got for the movie...Imma go look it up after this post.

For STELLAR acting and a heart wrenching plot, I give this movie a:

86/100

this is NOT a feelgood movie though, and I have no interest in watching it again...

EDIT: Sho' nuff' she got best leading actress from the Academy for this film in 2003.

Edited by gOOters

I agree that it is NOT a feelgood movie. I would give it 2/5 stars and the only reason I would give it that is because the acting and makeup done in the movie was excelent. It is based off of a true story, but the movie puts more of a focus on the love story between the two girls than it does on why she acts the way she does, which is briefly covered. I dont recommend this movie unless you want to watch Charlize Theron and Christine Ricci put on a great performance that will depress you.