The Village

Dennis

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

SPOILERS

Hmm.

I didn't think it was THAT good. It was too slow at parts (read: beginning). The payoff was good to find out that they lived in current times.. but I donno. They pay off everyone to live in private like that and that's super.. they even send out the blind girl so she doesn't see the truck or anything, all good ideas.. but.. meh.

It was a cool idea, but I think it could've been executed much better.

Both me and person I was with started to think something was up when a) the doctor had glasses and B) how amazing the suits were... maybe a bit too much fore-shadowing.

I'd give it about a 78/100. It had a bit too much build up for me and they needed to make it hit harder a bit better (although I liked where they showed the ranger reading all the tragedies in the paper..)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

"A frustrating, self-indulgent exercise in Twilight Zone trickery that leaves the audience holding the bag, wondering what happened to the picture they paid money to see."

-- Rene Rodriguez, MIAMI HERALD

Best quote about the movie :[.

Just saw this last night and I wish I could have my free movie pass back, it was not even worth the free ticket.

The previews and history of M. Night make you think it will be a horror/scary/freaky movie. It is not at all. It is more of a character study and quite slow. I think I was almost scared twice in the movie. Once because I almost fell asleep.

It is hard to develop any interest in the characters, the main two finally seem to have some chemistry but the rest of the people do not. The cinematography and attention to small detail is very good but not enough to make it enjoyable.

Three of us went last night. I gave it a 72. My brother-in-law said it will forever be known as the "movie we shall not talk about" (makes sense if you have seen the movie), and my friend gave it an 85. He liked the character study and slow pace.

yeah, soul gave a pretty good description.

I think the movie is definatly worth seeing once...it's a good STORY...but don't expect to be frightened.

I'd hafta say the most enjoyable part of the film is the cinematography...Shyamalan definatly knows how to direct a film...even if he is failing at writing with this one.

SPOILER

I LOVED the scene where Ivy was standing at the door and waiting for Joaquin's character (don't remember his name) with her hand out...and the moment the "creature" came into the picture on the side, his hand appeared and grabbed hers...

I don't know why but that was just a beautifully directed scene...

his name is lucious.......i actually liked it after seeing it a second time. to me hes just brilliant with the way he does his movies. yea i thought it was stupid at the end but it was just brilliant to me. and playaa that part was freaking awsome i thought.

****SPOILER****

LOL i loved the part where the one girl is saying how much she loves Lucious and then he says nothing and it goes to her crying in the bed, lol i lost it for that part.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

That was pretty funny.

In hindsight, I would've liked it a lot more if I went in looking for that type of movie. I wasn't looking for that type of movie though, I wanted to be scared.. so meh.

I also really didn't like how you could just tell there was going to be a big twist. He kind of made it obvious there was going to be a twist and that really disapointed me.. you were just sitting there going "k, what's the twist gonna be.."

I hope he never writes a movie again.

I also hope he can start getting some good writers, as his last 2 movies have had some problems. (Village = already listed. Signs = WE'RE SCARED OF WATER BUT HUMIDTY IS OKAY !!!)