thoughts on a mobo

Crowbar

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Newegg is waiving the restocking fee on the refurb board I bought. Now I just need to decide which retail board to get. I don't need/want anything fancy, good onboard audio is about all I'm looking for. As always, cheaper is better. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into these two boards:

CHAINTECH "SK8T800"

CHAINTECH "VNF3-250"

Really good onboard Audio only existed with the Nforce-2 boards w/ Soundstorm. Otherwise you need to pick up a good sound card or your sysem/board will heavily use the cpu to do the work of a sound card. You can grab a Audigy for like 30-40 dollars which would be a decent investment.

I don't want a creative card. I had a Live! 5.1 and before that a Live! Value card, didn't like either of them. Sound was scratchy off and on, and Creative software is useless, and their drivers are impossibly annoying.

I'll use the onboard for now (it's an Athlon 64, I've got plenty of processor to use) and eventually buy probably http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-118-101&DEPA=0 <--that card

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I have an Audigy ES for sale if you are interested.

I am. How much?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I am.  How much?

I bought it new from Newegg and didn't even install it in my new system. I bought an Audigy 2 ZS instead.

I paid $42., but will let it go for $35. including shipping. PM me if you are interested.

How about 30 and we have a deal?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Madbean whipped me. 35 sent via paypal. :P