Fable anyone?

eXile

Yeah, I bought it the other day.

And honestly, I'm enjoying it. I tried not to go into it with expectations too high which I recommend everyone does. If you've read a lot about the game, you might be disappointed (cuz a lot of the stuff they said they were gonna put in arent there, i.e. other heroes who you'll meet on your adventures and who are trying to steal the spotlight away from you. You are the only hero, pretty much).

But whats here is pretty sweet. The graphics are gorgeous. Spells look absolutely badass. Combat is simple but fun (but maybe a little too easy). Little FPS drops here and there but doesn't affect gameplay.

Probably my biggest gripe with the game is that there are way too many load screens. Like, literally everytime you leave one of these small, enclosed "maps" it cuts to a load screen for about 10 sec. It's short, but it seems to happen way too often as you can make it through one of these small "sections" very quickly. This makes the game feel rather enclosed, instead of epic, and it detracts from the experience. I thought the Xbox hard drive was supposed to solve problems like this?

NPCs are repeated a hella of a lot (as in the skins). The expression system (thats used to make gestures to villagers and other ppl) is rather shallow and isnt very useful. It is more of a novelty than anything else (i.e. only so many times you can fart in someones face and they say "Ewwww!" before it gets stupid).

The best parts of the game are when the Fable world reacts to what you do in the game. For example, right at the beginning of the game I started flirting with every woman I saw and people started callin me "Chicken Chaser."

These are my gripes with the game but everything else is fantastic. For the time that was spent on this game, its suprisingly not as in depth as it was made out to be and it certainly is NOT the greatest RPG of all time.

Most unique thing about this game is that your hero feels like your character. In most (all?) RPGs you play a static character but here the feeling you get when you zoom in on your character and see him changing is pretty cool. The whole "good/evil" thing might be a little bit more superficial than I thought (as in it doesn't really affect the story or anything, just your look) but I'm not that far in the game so we'll see. Still, real time character evolution is a pretty awesome idea. After seeing screenshots of the Morrowind for Xbox 2, I can only imagine what they'll be able to do with Fable 2 (assuming its gonna be released on Xbox 2, which I assume it will be).

Don't go in expecting a game where you can do absolutely whatever you want (a la Morrowind, although I didn't like that game) but go in expecting an Action/Adventure RPG and you will have a blast.

Feels like a 9/10 game, even though I'm not very far into it.

Edited by spiralstairs

I got this game the day it came out. Here in Fairbanks Alaska we have to pre-order all the big hits or it will be out for a few days :bang: Can be annoying. But I got this game a few days after I got Star Ocean. I put Star Ocean down for 1 day and started FABLE. Now Even know I really like Fable I went back to STAR OCEAN. THAT GAME IS AMAZING and I cant stop playing it.

Anyone who is on XBOX LIVE IM me or email me at cbr90097@aol.com looking for XBOX Friends. :) Btw if you dont remember me I am [VI] Max kill_Joy from the Villiage Idiots...