dead mb?

auggybendoggy

I cant figure this one out.

I tried diff power supplies.

diff chips (p4)...

I've unplugged all drive and NO BIOS.

My only other solution is transfer to a new case BUT i've never had a case go bad and keep the mb from bios.

right now I turn it on and the pled and hd led stay on and thats it.

I just cant get to bios and no Vid signal.

I tried the integrated port (video) and the 5600 ultra NO DEAL

I tried unplugging the ultra...no deal

this is a asus p8b400vm (something like that)

I think this is the last asus I buy. I know everyone loves em but I've had 3 of em and nothing but trouble. Then I get soyo and blamo NO PROBS. I'm just so frustrated.

Auggy

kill,

can the case do this? My only two thoughts are its grounding to the case

or perhaps one of the switches (power switch) is bad and stopping it from getting to bios....

but i've never seen it nor do I even know if these two things can happen.

I will take it out of the case...

but can I just set it on a static free bag?

Aug

it was the ram!!!!!!

I pulled the ram out and i got buzzers (finally something)

so I took a 512 from my slim comp and stuck it in and blammo it works

so I stuck in his ram hinto my slim comp and its dead just like the last one.

I thought dead ram would post up but it actually stops both my mb from getting to bios. So how do you trouble shoot.

my guess is unplug all but ps and power supply from mb and then light it up.

Aug

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Nice job on the trouble shooting. If your RAM or CPU are dead, your system will not post.

Ontop of a static free bag will be fine, i've done it many times, its OK.

Not to nit pick, but anti static bags are designed to keep static on the outside of the bag on not the inside.

The outside of the bags are made of a semi conductive material to discharge static around a sensitive electronic device inside the bag.

Paper works good as an insulator though.

Not to nit pick, but anti static bags are designed to keep static on the outside of the bag on not the inside.

The outside of the bags are made of a semi conductive material to discharge static around a sensitive electronic device inside the bag.

Paper works good as an insulator though.

ok first thing first

thanks zero for that info. I did not know that cause I've never had ram or cpu go dead. I've always assumed that if one did not work the post would tell you.

so thank you

Bird,

I'm gonna purchase a non-conductive plastic sheet from mcmaster carr. I want to purchase a switch that will jumper to a motherboard to light it up. I'm gonna post the link from mcmaster carr. will you tell me if the switch will work? I'll find one thats a negative and a pos wire and then use a 2 pin female connector and splice them together. Then I'll be able to just drop a mb on the sheet hook up the pwr sw (dc sw) and see if it boots.

I'll go see if I can find one. If anyone has a place where I can buy the switch to mount to a piece of plastic that would be good too.

I'm not real sure as to what type nc or no (normally closed or normally open) or dc or voltage...so I'm gonna kinda guess.

I could take an old case and pull the switch out too. I've got two in the trash..I think I'll go do that now.

Thanks

Aug