PvP in WoW

Crowbar

Tell me a little about the way PvP works in World of Warcraft. Are there specific PvP areas? Can any level attack any other level? What looting is involved with PvP? Are guild-wars supported? Is PvP restricted to Alliance vs Horde, or can you attack anyone? Any other info on PvP would be helpful in my quest to decide which game to go for, thanks.

i THINK it's Alliance v Horde BUT only on the servers that allow it.

(Assume we are Horde for this part )

IF the server allows it you can only attack Alliance if they come into your area, they can't attack you until you make the first move. If you go into an Alliance area your vulnerable to all Alliance, and can only attack once attacked ?

Thats what i've gathered so far, and i hope this isn't true or it changes quickly.

The other game your debating would be EQ2 ?

Hows the PvP going to work in that game ?

Edited by All Kill3r

not sure yet on PvP in EQII. Officially, there is NO PvP in EQII, however, I believe that is no "true" PvP, as in, you can't just fight players for the hell of it. I think there WILL be consentual duels, guild wars, and possibly another form, but as far as a PvP server where you can run around killing anyone, there won't be one at launch, possibly not at all.