creation

I am completely lost when it comes to being religous. I consider myself a guy without religon. Ive been to chruch many time, and i have spent a good deal of time studying the bible. I cannot say what I believe in, i am still unsure. I enjoy science and it is what i understand. But when it comes to evolution and creation...i can't decide. I find it so hard to just have so much faith in something that i must ignore what science explains to me. But then is that wrong to put my faith in science.

Well, I would first ask you how does gravity work? We all "know" objects are attracted to each other, Newton's Law of Gravity, but how? The how is explained by a select few very supported theories and a few relatively unsupported theories, but the fact remains that we don't know how gravity works, the full mechanics behind it. We have scientific Theories

However, nobody disputes that gravity exists, and there is plenty evidence towards it. A scientific Theory isn't the same as, say, Fox's theories, where I theorize that if everyone was given an interest-bearing account valued at $1 that world poverty would be solved in a few thousand years. My theory is based on some facts (compound interest, time-value of money, etc.) but it is likely to be hotly debated and supported by flimsy predictions about the world economy. Scientific Theory (notice the caps) is one that stands the rigor of the scientific community and is a well-established and accepted position.

So, is it right to put faith in science? I'd say people who say the opposite, that science is all facts and no faith, are crazy! Furthermore, many famous physicists from recent centuries, quoting scientific laws far and wide (including the Laws of Thermodynamics, matter and energy are neither created or destroyed) say that science is the ultimate supporter of faith. That seems far more in keeping with how Theories work: Faith that what we experience and can test is right.

That raises the question that I think you are driving at: Is it wrong to put science above a Biblical story. Well, I can't answer that for you, but I would say that eliminating God from any equation to buy wholeheartedly into science is wrong.

Does believing in God require you to believe in creationism? Again, I can't answer that for you, but I believe that the important point is faith in God. If God's first, the question is really a moot point. Let's look at it this way: If the important thing to get right is that God exists, God is all-powerful and made everything come to be as it is now, and wants everyone to feel His love and forgiveness, if all of those things are true, how important do you think it is if we were created as we are now or if God brought us to be through evolution? Seriously, think about that for awhile. I don't think the method of our arrival at this point is the important part of God's message, and I don't think getting this one wrong will have eternal consequences.

Science has explanations, but rarely does it have an undisputed claim as to how things really are, especially from historical data. It's not an open-and-shut case, but that doesn't mean that (1) science is necessarily wrong or (2) that faith and science are mutually exclusive. Many famous scientists have faith, and more have come to faith through their scientific endeavours. They can work together, just think of science as a quest to find explanations for how God put things into motion. If God did all this, and he didn't want us to figure anything out, I doubt he'd make things fit into regular patterns for our research ease.

Hope this gave you direction on the questions you had.

without getting too deep into the topic of evolution or creation...I'll just say...nowhere in the Bible and Christs teachings does it say a thing about whether or not you should believe in evolution or creation. The old testament teaches about the creation of the earth. But nowhere does Christ say a belief in either is a pre-requisite for getting into Heaven.