What would be the best place to...

rackish

I'm looking to buy a TV for Christmas as a family type gift... I don't want to spend more than $300, can I get a pretty good T.V. for that? like 24" and up?, non-HD of course. You guys know of any good websites besides like Comp Usa, and Ciruit City to buy this at a good deal? thanks! :)

I'd recommend Wal-Mart:

1) I can't imagine you're going to get a good deal on a T.V. online because of shipping costs. I could be wrong, but I would expect shipping to be murder on a heavy, oversized object like a T.V.

2) Local retailers are cheap, I'd recommend looking at Best Buy (personal preference, not based on objective reasoning) but bottom line is that you can find off-brands at Wal-Mart that might be worth trying if this T.V. is just going to tide you over 5-10 years as fancy-pants (read HD) T.V. prices fall. Also, Wal-Mart sells real name-brand T.V.s, same as retail stores, and usually for less.

Of course, you can always try Target or the other non-evil-corporation-yadda-yadda type chains.

I agree with the Wal-Mart suggestion, i've been looking for an extra TV for the bedroom, and no one has beat them yet. Best Buy believe it or not, is not very good for regular TV's, bigscreens however, they are very competitve.

Dont mean to sound like a know it all, but i've been price watchin for about 2 months now, I keep goin back and forth between just buyin one for the bedroom, or goin DLP bigscreen, and using my current TV for bedroom.