Stat boards

Clueless

I've been breezing through the stat boards lately, and there are a ton of names on it that should'nt be, these are names that would be kicked for having them in the server. Is there a way someone could edit these names? Seems to make GC look bad when the admins work to keep it clean, then you look and see all those names.

I was also wondering how accurate they really are, it seems everyone jumps around quite a bit, it's nothing to go from 200's to 1000's in 1 day and back up the next, seems flawed. Impressive though, to see how many people come to play, even if it's only a few minutes.

Is there a way someone could edit these names?

Yes, there is, you volunteer to do it? I'm busy getting the gc and ff sites up and going, don't have the time atm to wade through all that crap. Eventually they will be worked into the theme of the website, but that's not very high on my priority list right now. But if you want to take the reigns, you are welcom to it.

I was also wondering how accurate they really are, it seems everyone jumps around quite a bit, it's nothing to go from 200's to 1000's in 1 day and back up the next, seems flawed. Impressive though, to see how many people come to play, even if it's only a few minutes.

Go to the stats page, scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a link to the website for the stats script. They have loads of info on how the stats are formulated and forums for you to ask questions on as well. Happy hunting.

I would be happy to do it, I would need a brief tutorial on how. Also I don't know if Fatty has to authorize this and lay down some guidelines or whatever, but if it's ok with everyone, i'll do it.

As far as the tutorial, you'll probably have to search the website I was talking about above. I know you can do it, but how is another story :( . I'm sure it will be fine with Fatty, he's always asking if he could find me some help. I'll do some searching as well, but I think with the new version of the stats there is a web interface that you will just need admin access to.

Ok, I'm getting rather annoyed with XGS stats hosting at the moment. It looks like the PIP, PsychoStats Interface Plugin, is not installed. That is the easiest way to set your un and pw for the stats web interface system. Although, from what I can gather, it needs amxmod to work and since that isn't available for source I understand that.

However, there is a backup way to define the usernames and passwords, but its a command line interface of which if they won't give me access to our stats database, I know they aren't going to give me access to the command line. So, we are pretty much stuck here. Fatty and I are in talks about hosting our own stats.....if we can get that done we will revisit this issue. As of now, I see no way of doing it.

There's really no point to go through all the work, because once we have a word filter for the server, it will filter names as well. Then all of that will be gone, and I would say we would reset the stats at that point too.

Also, a few names on those stats don't make us look bad. People that know us enough to dig through our stats know that those people aren't regulars here. We've never worried about it before.

GC Alumni

Thats cool guys, I just thought it might be something you would want brought to your attention. If it's all getting changed anyways then it would be a waste of time I guess.

I'm on here so much that if you guys ever do need someone to help with anything on the site, just let me know, i'd be glad to do my part.