cs_assault_lith in the rotation?

strangefamous

Based on the public poll at 14-1 as of this post, let's give this a shot.

This brings the current mapcycle to:

de_dust

cs_assault_lith

de_aztec

cs_italy

de_cbble

de_dust2

cs_office

de_piranesi

Very cool, we can always take it off if people don't like it, it's just nice to have some variety. Can't fricken wait for prodigy it looks so sweet.

zt_assault is on the server, but if it is downloaded from the server, all the textures are loading. Some people mentioned that everything was either white or purple. Lunk came in last night while we were play and said everything was purple. He left and executed the paf map pack and all the textures were there for him. It is a lot better balanced map and brighter.

So there's obviously an issue with a res file, the one that tells the client what files are needed for that map.

If someone wants to d/l that map individually (if possible) and check the res file, we could consider it.

I pulled this off the PunkAssFraggers forums:

Hiya folks!  I may have found one solution for the missing texture problem, if any of you need to know.

If your players are getting pink(missing) textures on the custom maps (like zt_assault, de_inferno_s_v2, de_rats, etc) you MUST REMOVE THE TRAILING SLASH FROM YOUR SV_DOWNLODARURL.

For example, if you have:

cs_downloadurl "http://www.yourwebsite.com/cs/"

Change it to:

cs_downloadurl "http://www.yourwebsite.com/cs"

The answer was pretty in a pretty obvious place, I just skipped over it a couple times  Hope this helps somebody.

___

Uh-oh..  maybe I should check better before I post..

It worked with zt_assault and completed downloading all the files, but I've still got pink checkerboards in de_inferno_s_v2.  DANGIT.

I was able to pull the .res file, but don't know how to host it.