Rant..

simkiller

:angry: *RANT* I wish this game wasn't geared toward sniping so much. Now I'll be the first to admit that I snipe. But I do it because it's soooooo damn easy to! Especially if you're on the winning team. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Everyone on the winning team can afford the awp, auto sniper and they just tear the losing team to shreads, round after round. Either make the awp/auto sniper cost some rediculous amount of money or make it do a little less damage. *END RANT* :D

ahh much better now B)

Edited by simkiller

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

How do the poor get poorer? You lose 3 rounds in a row and you get $3500, opposed to after losing 1 round after a winning streak and getting $1400?

$ 3500 hardly equips a person against a team full of snipers. It's how the game is set up. Nothing can be done about it, I'm just ranting... I like a challenge but man, going up against a team full of snipers round after round with only a deagle,armor,and nade is suicide more times than not.

:angry: *RANT* I wish this game wasn't geared toward sniping so much. Now I'll be the first to admit that I snipe. But I do it because it's soooooo damn easy to!

I'll be the first to admit im abysmal with a sniper rifle, i always have been, probably always will be.. im totally serious, i make a great Grunt, but i can't snipe for crap, im a decent shot at long range, its just the whole crouching and waiting thing, aggrivates me, so for some, its hard.

Especially if you're on the winning team. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Everyone on the winning team can afford the awp, auto sniper and they just tear the losing team to shreads, round after round.

This is a technique almost every game suffers from, its called Slippery Slope (the theory being that it becomes harder for the looser to regain himself) But in CS:S its not bad at all, and thats because the AWP and Auto Snipe can be beat with a solid, firm, well executed RUSH! .. the key to the game is tactics, not gunfighting.

Either make the awp/auto sniper cost some rediculous amount of money or make it do a little less damage. *END RANT* :D

I agree, Far to many use it. And i hate snipers anyway..

You admitted that you snipe, but are complaining about snipers :unsure:

I hate snipers also, I think they are a bunch of girlscouts, but what I do is simply not use them and try to get better at defeating them (which I have yet to do effectively). Just stop using them and lead by example.

I don't know if it tailors to them... I think wether it takes 3 rounds or 6, if your team can afford it after that time, they will buy it - or at least 75% of them will. Terrorists will go auto, especially, as they have two of them to choose from, instead of one, and one is stronger than a Scout, no less, and almost as accurate.

I've found that a good technique is to be good at evading them. Learn where they will sit, and what your evasion options are, in that corner of the map. People used to whine in the dust BETA, because I'd shoot all of the camping Ts in the head, from the underpass.

If you know that you're a better shot than the sniper, play at 1024x768 or more and snipe back with an M4, a FAMAS or a Galil. Even if there are a couple or a few snipers that you are sure you can best. You'd be amazed at how many of those snipers don't actually rangefind, but just wait for you to line yourself up. And how easy it is to shake off the sights of a novice camper.

Mind you, if there's a natural born sniper, using a sniper rifle, or even worse, an auto-sniper, like, say... ....mmm, Lunk... ...for example... ...well, I suggest finding a different route, that won't leave you pincoushioned quite so badly. Or frequently.

As for a team full of autos, I say find the weakest link, steal his gsg1 (because he obviously has one) go on a rampage, apologize for using it, and give the gun away.

The two bolt-action rifles don't make me nervous at all. If they're a good shot, they deserve to hit me, and if they're not, I can usually take them. The autos kinda make me frustrated, though, because there's no real recoil on the top model, there is no interruption of zoom, and if they shot with 100% accuracy, they could kill 4-8 people (depending on wether it was a 1-hit head/chest kill, or a 2-hit kill) in the time it takes an AWP to fire, reload and reacquire. That's ~600% efficiency over an AWP in terms of body shots, and means that if there's more than one, and I'm still walking by the end, I'm sore.

I do agree that the prices should be weighted a little heavier, depending on the class, though. Full-auto, then Bolt-action, then scoped automatics.

- The End

Wow nice thoughts! I agree with everything you said. I just get frustrated when you know where the auto snipers will be perched but every route you take has 1 or 2 of them. Lots of maps there are only two access points to where you need to go to acheive the objective and of course that's right where the snipers are going to sit.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I'll never deny that auto-snipers are horribly over-balanced right now, and the scout needs a damage nerf by ~ 20-30 (it should never do 100 damage on a non headshot, ever.. 70 should be max).

That is truly the most frustrating part of the whole auto/scout deal. When the T auto can take you out in one hit, and it ends up doing it, every time you meet up with one. Sure, headshots are cool, and if they can hit my head, they deserve it, but when it hits my chest and does 100 or 101 while I'm wearing kevlar... ...three rounds running... I get a little miffed.

There was a full map I played (Italy) where most of the kills against me were from the scout, in one hit, and not one of them was a headshot. It used to be that I was braver around multiple scouts, because as soon as I heard it was a scout, I knew that even if I was hit once, I'd still have second or two to take him out. I still play that way sometimes, and now, more often than not, it's biting me in the butt.