trouble after tweaks

I did some of the console tweaks to improve my fps and all of that, but when I did it I noticed that I couldnt see my spray anymore. I removed the tweak file, and I'm not using the tweak file anymore. Everything is back to how it was but I still can't see my spray! I there any way to fix it? Or what am I doing wrong!

Yeah, by execing the config it changes those values, the only way they wouldn't change is if your config.cfg (the orig file) was read only. That would prevent the game from saving the changes to the file, but would still have them for in game each time your tweak file was exec'd.

You're in luck though. I just reinstalled source, and made a backup copy of my orig config.cfg for exactly the same reasons. I"ve uploaded it to my personal web page as a zip. Feel free to grab it.

I would suggest though that you edit this file, or just copy and paste what you need into a seperate file. If you already have your controls setup, and you don't use the exact same ones as the default then you'll definately want to do this. You could just delete all of the "bind x yyyyyy" lines. Those are what setup your controls. Then you could just put this edited file in the same directory as call it something like "default.cfg" and just exec that once, but make sure your config.cfg is NOT read only when you do this.

Anyways, here's the link.

http://people.msoe.edu/~bergek/upload/Default_CS_config.cfg

Let me know if you have any problems.

Glad to help.

Just a thought, but with all of the people out there tweaking their game and what not. I wonder how many of them actually back the orig file up?

I know I never did. It might be nice to have a config.cfg file backed up on a website for those who like to tweak their game to have in case they need to reset, as you did. I'm fine with leaving this file on my website, not like it takes up much space, if maybe there was a link on the forums or something to it.

P.S. I updated the file to not have the "name" cvar set. This way it won't change your name from what it was.

P.S. Jon, you may want to check your name in game.

cl_decal "0" removes sprays.

cl_decal "1" puts them back.

That should do it.

I always back up default configs. But you can also just delete your .cfg file and HL2 will make a new default one the next time you load it. Of course, you'll have to rebind all your keys etc...