What IS Project Mayhem?

Project Mayhem was previously our HL2DM server. We ran it as such since the release of HL2DM, but as of late, have noticed a very limited amount of usage by GC members. Yes, people were playing there, but random pubbers on our dime. It was then decided to create something that we might have some fun with.

Project Mayhem, for the time being, will be a CS:S server running weapons restrictions (on a map by map basis) and also 3rd party maps as a regular part of its rotation. I say "for the time being" because this box is earmarked to take on DoD:Source when it is released (unless an extreme success and the creation / opening of funds dictates that we can keep this in addition to a DoD server...or of course if GC decides this).

Now, I have to get admin installed on here, but once that's set up, we can do a few things....and we'd like your help.

For example: Weapons Restrictions. On particular maps, we can restrict particular weapons from particular teams (or both).

I.E. Take away the AS and the AWP from CT's on de_dust....does that change things? Would be interesting.

So, it's now in your hands. Everyone discuss as you please, perhaps creating a new topic on each map you have a suggestion for so we can seperate ideas.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

No Flashbangs on de_dust .. :o

Not a bad idea.

Love the server name ;).

Suggestion: Could we have all the map 'modifications' listed in a sticky of sorts, once it's all been decided?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I was referring to a sticky with all maps listed, for quick reference :P.

I'll make a post reguarding flashbangs right now, just to see if you follow.. at the least it'll make some controversy ;).

Have you guys ever messed with the phys_pushscale and phys_timescale commands?

You can adjust the two cvars to have the physics simulate various levels of gravity.

phys_pushscale 99

phys_timescale .25

(this would simulate extremely low gravity)