Info sticky?

Guest Xuprme Storm

Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guests

Yes, where is it? You've got quite a few stickies in this forum area about things not-so-important as FAQ's, but there definetly should be one.

Something like, estimated cash (including food, board, registration). ANY and all game tournaments. It looks like you guys are big on CS, well I certainly hope so, because if my guys come, that will be the main reason. Prizes (if they're released yet), and if not, order of importance on the tournaments. Like CS1.6, any UT's, BF1942, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you can think to include, but I did not see any of this info on the main site. :bang:

Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guests
July 22 - 24, 2005

4 PM Friday until as late as you want Saturday Night!

Guest rooms are $79.00, you can do these alone or with up to 4 in a room.

FragFest Check-in starts at 1:00 PM Friday

Room Check-in is 4:00 PM Friday

FragFest Clearout by 10:00 AM Sunday

Room Check-out is 11:00 AM Sunday

Costs

$50 - PreVIPRegister on/before February 28, 2005 (preference of seating given)

$60 - Preregister in March, April, May, or June

$70 - Anytime in July or at the door. (not guranteed a T-Shirt)

Alright, found some of the info, but I am still looking for details on your CS tournament (gameplay, server cfg, maps, etc). And really hoping you guys do 1.6, god forbid source :o

I haven't kept up with the recent rumblings on FF05, but can tell you some likely things: :)

Seriously doubt there will be a 1.6 tourney. Sorta the "out with the old, in with the new philosophy". But, there's likely to be plenty of servers, so a 1.6 server will more than likely be present.

Tournaments in the past have been:

1) CS (of course)

2) UT2k4

3) BF 1942

Not sure how they'll be set up this year. Last year you signed up at the door for whatever tournaments you wanted to take part in.

Prizes, etc., come from our sponsors. So that's prolly still up in the air as to what we'll get. Last year was excellent, with motherboards, cases, memory, keyboards, games (full versions), mugs, shirts, all kinds of stuff. Nobody left empty handed.

If you look around and have ideas, by all means mention them.

Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guest Xuprme Storm
Guests

Hmm, well thats all well and good, im not far at all from Hudson, used to live there. But if there is no major 1.6 tournament, or if Source is the main attraction, I'm not wasting the money, plus that's a pretty big waste for my MI members.

Source is poop, at least in its condition now. Not only are they different games, source isn't ready for competetive play :-\ , so I guess I'll wait and see.

CAL has started a Source league....at least I believe one just started...so not sure how we can say Source isn't ready for competition when the major league has created a division for it.

Our community doesn't even host a 1.6 server at the moment, not sure why we would expect to play it (competitively) at our community lan party, so it looks like you will be saving some dough!

Also noted is that FF05 is a good ways away...maybe you'll like Source by then!

Let me ammend that about tourneys:

The tourneys will all be "pre-signup" type...meaning when the weekend arrives, we'll know how many teams for what.

If we have enough teams for a 1.6, then sure, we'll host a tourney.

But, with that said, if there are no teams signed up for any tourneys, there will be no tourneys, besides some casual play pick-ups on the spot. Any high-stakes tourney will require pre-registration...no the problem is this: how do they know what to register for.

So, once I get Fish aligned with his tourney organization, maybe he'll go ahead and advertise a 1.6 tourney...however, FragFest isn't driven by tourneys....it's driven by da love....so if it's only prizes and competitive play anyone seeks, this might not be the place.