Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines

Dark_Cripple

Has anyone played this yet? it runs on the steam engine, and while the gameplay and fighting is somewhat choppy, it compensates by throwing you into a rather nice story and scenereo. Currently i'm trying to get a ghost out of a mansion, you would think this wouldn't bother me, considering it's a vampire game, but ghosts freak me out. and this is by far, the most freaky part of any game i've played so far.

Try setting the process priorty to low.  I think that's what my brother and I did to fix some of the choppiness.  I believe it was posted on the official site or some official forums.  I'm not sure about with the patch, but prepatch it worked great for us.

most of the choppyness is just the intense maps i beleive, generally you only load up small areas, but when your outside, i beleive you load up every outside area in the general part of the game. (you can see other areas from certain places) i have the patch, and i'm also running it off the cd crack. (1.2 cd crack isn't exactly easy to find...friends help) running it with out the cd seems to make a big difference.

any advice i could give owuld be simply to turn down the graphics on things that are far away, and to stay the hell away from the freaky ocean house. (you really don't have a choice..)

give me a heads up on msn if you want to try out the cd crack to see if it fixes teh choppyness...but "obviously" i won't send it to you if your going to use it to pirate the game...nooo..never.. ;)