Demesne down...

Flitterkill

GC Board Member
(edited)

No Demesne since at least Friday afternoon. - still down this morning (is waking up at 11am still considered morning?)

Hence, no team practices.

If any one with connections can find out the dealio it would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks guys!

-Fk

Edit: Gotta learn how to spell this server name...

Edited by Flitterkill

Found this in my email from yesterday (Friday):

This notice is to inform you that Recon Gamer is currently reinstalling the

operating system on the machine your game server is hosted on after experiencing

several major problems while trying to administer the server. We do not expect your

game server files, settings, etc. to be lost. This reinstallation will only effect

the operating system, and not your game server files. We anticipate having services

restored within the next one to two hours, or by 8:00 PM EST.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however this emergency maintenance was necessary

to fix the ongoing problems customers are experiencing.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Recon Gamer Server Operations

GC Board Member
(edited)

Very true - Hopefully chip can get M3 up solidly this weekend - I'm keeping tabs on Mobo II faults - severe lag at times (esp at the 18 player mark and up) - random map locks (at start or mid game - just locks up client side while the server decides to flip over to the next map in the cycle) - 2 map locks just this past hour - really does drive folks away... :(

As far as Chip said to me, I believe that there isn't anything on M2 thats critical - even the ban list, if lost, can be re-populated (as it were...lol) so a reinstall on that puppy (with the cpu at 50% or whatever as you mentioned in another thread) wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

-Fk

Edited by Flitterkill

Locks on MOBO II?

Also, there's enough CPU power to power Mobo III and a practice server there.

Or reconvert Cuffo back to our match / private server...it's the same place that Dem is..and nobody is using it.