House of Flying Daggers

soul .gc

So I had heard this was better than Hero and Crouching Tiger. We went the other night and it is definately NOT better than either of those.

It is an interesting movie but has a poor ending and some strange scenes. The cinematography is absolutely amazing though. The scenery is beautiful and some of the shots they have are breathtaking in their color and originality.

I would give it say it is worth the theatre price if you are not sure what to see and have seen the major releases, otherwise wait for video.

We gave it a 76/100

I thought this movie was much better than Hero and slightly better than Crouching Tiger. And Im not a biased person, because I have both Hero and CT in my DvD collection as I love them both.

I thought the storyline here was much better than either CT or Hero.

The fighting scenes werent too drawn out, like they were in Hero. And the Dagger tricks were amazing.

Moreover, I thought the fact that the normal Generals Army grunt guys were really good fighters! I was pleased to see that, they had very good group techniques!

Id give it a 90/100

I saw this at a friend's house a couple months ago. He bought the DVD from overseas (which meant we had to watch it on his computer hooked to his TV cuz of region codes). I thought it was really good but not better than Hero and both pale in comparison to CT.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just saw this movie on Encore Action, and I thought it was an interesting movie. The dagger tricks were amazing and the martial arts scenes were also really cool. The only thing that I didn't like about this movie is that it's completely in Chinese with English subtitles, so you have to read the movie.

The ending also is really not too good. Kind of a downer.

Feel free to rebury this thread now.

most good asian fils u wont find dubed..... im so used to english subtitles it doesnt bother me plus dubed can just sound bad soemtimes. all of the asian films i have on dvd have only subtitles... but i also know some chinese,japanese,and korean. but i guess that helps when your gf is asian and knows all of the languages O.o