64 bit WinXP

Preacher

I just finished the 2 week download of windows xp (on 56k lol) and I am going to give it a try. I was just wondering who here has tried the w2k3sp1_1289_usa_x64fre_pro.iso.

If you have given it a go let me know what kind of bugs, problems or issues large or small you have found. I don't plan on doing the install till next week but I wanted as much info as possible when I did.

Thanks

2 weeks!

wow.. commited..

I am and I must say i think it's great.

Good place for Drivers: http://www.planetamd64.com/

Anti-Virus SW : I found that the new Avats! works really nice in xp-64bit

CS:S actaully runs better, and gives me better graphics in xp-64bit as well.

(Can run with shadows now, and high detail etc.)

That's a cool site, thanks. Have you had anything malfunction or stop working hardware or software?

How does it work? Does it just upgrade your current windows xp, or is it stand alone?

If it is standalone, did you do a dual boot set-up or just over write windows?

I'm kinda worried about having trouble and having to reformat if I need to get rid of it.

I haven't installed it yet, but it is a stand alone set-up. I'm not sure what will occur by copying over the current windows deal so I'm waiting a little while to make sure I have all my drivers and stuff up to date and 64 bit drivers downloaded and ready to install. My main worry is a Bible program that is a nightmare to reinstall, other than that it's only a matter of updating junk and I plan to do my reinstall over at my brother's or sister's house so I can make use of thier broadband internet.

If you can't reformat and lose everything never try to upgrade your OS because you just never know what can happen. I lost everything in an upgrade once because of a smudge on the cd. I keep an external HDD just for this reason.

I just did a dual boot.

I had Linux installed on one HD, so I just formated it and installed it on that.

If you have a HD like >50Gig, just partition 20 or so gig off and install it on that. that way you can install widows, few programs, and of course CS