Mic. doesn't work....

duma

Back in the day, I chatted on vent every night. I have a mic that work(ed) great. After my clan died (it had been going strong for 5 years - until I went to law school), I stopped having a need for the mic. Sometime between that time, and now, I updated my windows to sp2, and the mic stopped working.

I have tried to re-install both the mic, and my sound card. I gave up shortly after and decided that I didn't really care because I don't have to talk anymore. Well, after I watch Laz. die because he had to read what I typed (his excuse), I decided to look into the problem a bit more.... well that and I don't want to type out my paper.

Well, I think I have found the mistake. My mic volume was all the way down. Also, the button on my mic was moved to MUTE. So, to the person that suggested the problem was user errror, you were right.... I think.

I will have to try the mic out tonight... if this doesn't fix it... I will destroy this mic.

1....Excuse?! Harrumph I say!

2.... Right after when we were discussing that, and someone said user error, I told you the mute was probably on. I know this because I...er..a 'friend' had the same problem for a while. Very frustrating :)

(edited)
1....Excuse?! Harrumph I say!

2.... Right after when we were discussing that, and someone said user error, I told you the mute was probably on. I know this because I...er..a 'friend' had the same problem for a while. Very frustrating :)

Ha Ha! It was a good 'excuse."

Duma: Hey laz, just like last time.. if you see that I am dead, they are coming this way.

Laz: (killed)

Duma: Laz?! Laz?! You there... (duma gets killed by same guy that killed laz).

**Dead:Laz: I died because I was reading your message.

**Dead:Duma: Stupid mic

Yeah... I know someone said the mute button would be on... but I didn't even know this mic had a mute button. I blame my wife. :D

edit: BTW, the mic works just fine now.

Edited by duma