This morning was messed up!

Acid-Flux

In my early 20s I used to be one of the morons that would fly through traffic zipping in and out. Coming home from a club late one night I received a ticket for going 95 in a 55. I was in a little Suzuki Swift (see Geo Metro). I think the cop was amazed it would go that fast. Anyway, it was 3 in the morning and I think he and myself were the only ones on the highway....he came down off of a flyover right behind me....arg...that was like a $300 ticket, took my whole tax refund that year. When I called to get the amount the lady on the phone was stunned that he didn't give me wreckless driving as well as speeding.

Now a days, with a kid, and with seeing more and more accidents, I don't drive wreckless any more. My wife is a nurse as well, so hearingt stories about kids coming in from car wrecks makes you think twice as well....I do still speed on the interstate when there aren't lots of cars out though....probably shouldn't but I do.

that was like a $300 ticket, took my whole tax refund that year.

Dang, I'm doubly supprised you didn't get put in the slammer for wreckless driving.

I don't usually speed cept for that incident and one other...the other time I was lat for work and doing 45 in a 40...the man was grumpy that day and picked on a kid in a mustang :( .

But the 90 in a 75 incident was when I was driving back to school after getting done with my mom's memorial service...I wasn't in the best of moods to begin with...I'm glad I got pulled over, snapped me out of it. :(

Yeah...sometimes you can't help it, you have to be somewhere and there are no practical alternatives to it but driving when emotionally charged is not a good idear if avoidable. Glad you got home safe, too bad the officer wasn't lenient but then again, can't hate the officer for writing citations...He's just doing his job. Heck, some of the officers I know hate writing speeding tickets because they speed off-duty...not that that's a good thing, but they have to do their jobs.

Of course, some are just jerks, I'll admit that :peace: