A Newb Question

Guest UberNewb

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

How do you use custom models? I can't get them to work.. any help would be appreciated..

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

They aren't illegal, many people use them, I used to, but it cuts down on my fps, and me being a tw3aking freak.. I want the most fps for my buck.

To get custom models do this:

D/l the zip that contains the ".mdl" files [those are the model files].

Go to "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\Cstrike\Models" directory.

Now, go to Category that suits the model you just d/led "Weapons" etc.

And replace the old ".mdl" files that came with CS and put the new ones in.

I've never heard of a server making custom models illegal. I have a custom knife and an awp model, and I server hop like Hambone on Caffeine pills.

Alright guys yoru not very helpful!

Uber many skins come with install programs and install themselves however the easiest way to install them is this.

Make a seperate folder somewhere in My documents. DL the custom skins into that folder and unzip them into that folder.

Normally these skins are supposed to shoot to the folders immediatly so inside your new folder you will now have something called cstrike. Click on that and you will see another foer with a name like "models".

In short you simply find sift through these new folders and find the actual files then place them in the corresponding folders in your sierra/halflife/cstrike directory.

Make sure you move ever file as most skins come with sounds.

Also make a copy of the modles you are overriding in case you dont like the new ones.

Its pretty simply especially if you trust your computer enough to have it send them to the folders immediatly i normally dont trust mine enough so i do it manually. If you DL a "map pack" like the blood pack it should have a seperate installed that does everything automatically.

I am not at my home computer right now so my explination is a little sketchy sorry if its confusing.

Leagues like CAL require you to have normal skins but as most of us dont play in those leagues we are allowed to have custom skins. I myself have no default skins installed on my comuter sound/modles/guns/extras etc.