MS2 - de_storm_h

Fatty

Played this on CT side just a few hours ago, thought id put my point of view in.

Definatly takes me back to regual CS. I had completley forgotten about this map, nice to see it back.. But, with that said I have to say this

Hopefully this is just a beta, casue with a little (or even alot depending on how you look at it) it could turn out to be very well done. There are no frills, making it a bland map for the eyes. The lighiting needs work, it just seems like there is a large "sun" light at the top of the map which makes for some horrible shadowing. The inside seems darker than previous versions, but I made good use of the NAV goggles. Is just an all around boring map to look at. I do like playing this map, but it's no Inferno that's for sure.

I like the idea of how this map has some close quarters combat and some wide open areas too. Although it doesn't have much eye candy, it still looks a heck of a lot better than the mill map (The one that is already eliminated). I think this is a fun map to play. Now all I need to do is log in time in courthouse, then I can vote.

Decent map. Doesn't look very nice, and it's missing some doors! It's a map that involves alot of patience for the T's, they have to move around and pick off wandering CT's before running out of either of the double doors.

I don't have any sentimental attachments to old maps since I just started playing CS with Source.

(In fact, virtually all my time but for a few hours has been on GC servers). I'm also not a particularly good shot (at least not with any consistency), as most people know. Finally, when I am evaluating a map, I tend to think of how it compares to dust, which I consider to be fundamentally unbalanced and without much dimension.

With that in mind, my impression of storm is that it's a bizarre layout of hallways and roads that seems very contrived and arbitrary. So, from the point of view of a CT vs. T scenario, it makes little sense. So from that perspective, it's not so appealing.

The actual gameplay on the map, however, turns out to be reasonably fun. I'm convinced that CTs _could_ easily camp to take best advantage of the map, but the tendency towards impatience means that some folks seek out trouble, which means that certain chokepoints collapse, and the whole thing generally results in much more variable outcomes. Confrontations tend to occur in lots of different places, and no place seems to be all that easy to hole up in comfortably. Terrorists have several paths to the bomb sites, and usually have to work pretty hard to cut a path. This is especially true in the later rounds when they're facing snipers. Nonetheless, I'm often mystified at how defenses just seem to evaporate, and lo, there's a bomb plant. There's lots of room for squad tactics; i.e., a good leader can make a big difference on both sides of the map -- that's appealing to me.

My first impression was that it would be a largely boring map, and that its other survivor candidates were much more interesting. However, having played on storm a bunch of times, both sides, varying team sizes, I found that it defies that impression. It's a good time.

--Bothrops

This map is a pretty decent map. I think the old CS version was a little better, but this is still a good map because it still requires some level of planning and teamwork to win the rounds. All too many a round do the CTs leave their spawn, which is a bomb site, and not defend it. Being a fairly impatient player myself, I find that this map is not a good map for running off by yourself and that teamwork is needed, because once you run through a door there is more than one angle to watch out for. As for the lack of eye candy, that really isn't too much of an issue, bacause sometimes trying too hard to make a map look good can ruin it. This is a good map, but can be a little better. I would like to see it remade with the exact same layout as the older CS version.

Guest TOOL
Guest TOOL
Guest TOOL
Guests

get rid of this crap...