Taking demos on Scopeless

anonymo

Ok so I've been dabbling with recording demos while playing on scopeless...doesn't hurt my fps too much so I start a demo, and end up recording 3-4 full matches. Now I wish to share some of the more humorous moments with everyone here, as I'm sure some people find accidental tk's amusing, especially with knives and such involved...you get my point.

Anyways for some reason or another I am not permitted to upload *.dem files, or even *.avi files for that matter. :bang: I don't know if it's just me, or a server policy :unsure: ...sooo

if you want to see some of the demos, let me know...

i have - short 7mb avi of me and scuba knifing it out a couple times, no audio, weird frame rate...still new to this

- demos of port with a few regs; piranese with scuba/wayfarer; dust with scuba/wayfarer; short one of aztec with vovik tk'in someone with a nade (which i might make into an avi)

also here is a txt i compiled with just demo commands and such

Hey Mo,

If you ever figure out how to UL them, I'd be interested in seeing them. Since I was one of your favourite targets, epsecially during the knife fighting, I'd like to see just how gruesomely I died :laugh:

Scuba did NOT just say "Hey Mo"

:lol: Face it...u love me :wub:

How do you make an .avi out of a demo?

The really hard way (and dumb way but it works)...make the demo, then replay the demo (demoui is the secret cmd) and the part you want to record use "startmovie <movienamehere>" and then "endmovie" to finish...

now what this annoyingly does is create EVERY SINGLE FRAME from the movie you just recorded and dump them happily into your cstrike folder...you then use virtual dub to string them all together at some very interesting framerates and you get an avi!....heh...btw if you don't have divx installed, which i didn't at first, a 30sec avi will be around 1.5 Gb...HA...shoulda heard me when I found that heffer

supposedly fraps does a better job than the method losely described here but i haven't worked out all the kinks yet...i also hear that using sourcetv on the server and using tv_record to record demos as a spectator is much better...i just never got up the nerve to be that creepy guy in spectators filming everyone...

mister magic master mo :peace:

PS - About the FTP...i've been thinking about it, it's just that these darn Quebecor ISPs impose down/upload limits on me, charging me out the yang if I go over, so I try to stay in total control of what's coming in and going out...tho I'll see if I can't post them elsewhere

Scuba did NOT just say "Hey Mo"

Hey, I'm not here to judge anonymo's lifestyle, not that there's anything wrong with that :P.

I'm just doing like "mo" wants :laugh:

Finally if you would like to address me but don't feel like typing all of "anonymo" just call me "mo" as its much faster and I like it....and no one has ever used it and well did I mention I like it?... :thumbsup:

If i need to upload a demo or avi then I'll zip it up first and I usually have no problems linking to the zip file

Just tried that...can't believe I didn't think of it...low and behold it still says it's not a permitted file extension...so it's probably something i'm doing wrong (no i am not trying to upload a *.ink extension :nono: )

ANyways now that Fatty seemed to have hooked up an FTP for GC I will try starting a demo dump...I'm afk for about a week so I'll try and set it up when I get back