Saw

Guest Sh0rtD0gg

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

Anybody seen this movie???

I thought it was a good movie, theres no way in a million years the killer could be guessed in this movie. Impossible.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

Ya its kinda like Seven.

My wife and I saw it in the theater when it came out.

Normally I dont care for the horror flics she watches. Most of them I find boring and silly.

But I found the plot better then average for a movie she would like, and it scared the hell out of her to boot.

We give it two thumbs up.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

Saw 2 drops on Halloween, its gonna be good.

(edited)

Saw Saw in the theatres, and I hadn't seen any previews or read anything about it beforehand, except for the poster as I was buying my ticket. It was a great flick, but what really upset me was what you mentioned, Dogg.

...it's built as a detective story... ...it's supposed to have a twist, but the twist doesn't count if the audience can't win. With The Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects, if you pay attention, you're given clues to reach the end conclusion, before they show it. Angela Lansburry-style.

...in Saw, you're given the same set of clues, but you get robbed at the final twist (there are three in the last 5 minutes). I actually won most of the movie. (without giving anything away, I guessed the "badguy" and the tape recorder, and I guessed the body on the floor), but it was absolutely impossible to guess who the mystery man was. My friend and I will sit as far away from people as possible and plot out the movie as it goes, but when it got to the very, very last twist, we both just sat there and went "DURRR.... ...what?" ...it may as well have been the photographer's bitter ex-girlfriend that was responsible for all of the murders.

Edited by Norguard