Never thought it could happen but now THIS server!

SUPERLAG

Sounded like a negative title eh ? Just wanted to get your attention. My message for the day is, "Thank The Gods for a clean server!"

I never thought I would enjoy such a heavily policed server until I became a reg at one. Now, to be honest I have been no angel and have recieved warnings myself for language and content but, I do love this atmosphere.

Even though I cuss like a sailor at home and have enjoyed vats of drug and alcohol over the last 20 years I still think a clean server is a great idea. I wouldn't want my 16 yr old ( especially my 6 yr old) listening to that kind of talk. I also think it cuts down on the bickering.

I rarely play anywhere else since I discovered it a few months back. In the 6 years I have been playing CS and other HL mods I was annoyed by the admin who would say, "Language!". Now I see the error of my ways. There are a couple of admin that are anal beyond belief and I would love to TMP their fragile little egos but, for the most part this is a great family.

Kevlar's off to GC!

AWWWW Superlag, you're so sweet! Thanx for the great comments. i feel the same way about the servers. I went and tried to play in other servers for a difference one time and i had to come back because the constant swearing was making me sick. Men. Shoot ya later!

There are a couple of admin that are anal beyond belief and I would love to TMP their fragile little egos but, for the most part this is a great family.

That wouldn't be me you're talking about, would it?

I also curse like a sailor, and it took getting banned once before I "got it", but now I consider myself very strict on the rules, even though I don't find it offensive. There are two reasons I do this:

1) other people find it offensive. For instance, Preacher is highly offended by using "Christ" as a curse

2) a zero-tolerance policy is easier to enforce than to have people try and get something past the filter, etc..

So maybe you weren't talking about me, but the shoe fit, so I wore it :)

- ToolBear

That wouldn't be me you're talking about, would it?

So maybe you weren't talking about me, but the shoe fit, so I wore it :)

- ToolBear

The shoe fits you like a wader boot on a newborn's foot. I repeat - you are not one of those analities I spoke of! In fact one of the two hasn't even been on for a few weeks that I know of. The other is schizo and on a happy upswing lately (just dreading the crash! := )

ToolBear you are one of the good ones and I learn a lot when playing with or against you.