The newegg of Digital Photography?

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Anyone know of a great site that is trustworthy and a good place to purchase digital cameras? Maybe a sticky thread on where to get this stuff.

I do know overstock.com is a good site for just about everything. Anyone have anything else?

EDIT:

I forgot about CNET. They keep a great page of price ranges and reviews and categorized by Mega Pixel (which has become a marketing ploy in digital photography now)

http://reviews.cnet.com/Digital_cameras/2001-6501_7-0.html

Edited by zerodamage

Newegg actually carries quite a good selection of consumer side digital cameras. Point and Shoots as well as SLRs. I ended up buying my D70 at Best Buy to take advantage of an 18 mo. no interest deal. I had already done the research on the camera I wanted, so I just shrugged off the guy trying to give me his speal about the camera and bought it. I tend to go to Wolf or Ritz Camera, let their knowledgeable sales people tell me about the cameras and then go buy it somewhere cheaper.

Seems like I found it for like $250-$275 at one point Zero, can't remember where. I was looking at that camera for a small throw in your pocket digital. I started reading some reviews, I think they were on that dcpreview site and got kinda turned off on it. I really like the 10x optical zoom on that small of a camera, but some people were saying its really hard to hold that camera still when zoomed in. They were also saying it was so small that there was no where to really hold it while you were taking the pictures without holding onto the screen in the back and such. I'm gonna go check it out at the store before I make my decision though.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If you can find it again Bubble, please link. I am looking for a good 10x optical zoom that is 5MP+ from a good company. MP has become a marketing gimick now.

And I am a big fan of Nikon. I looked at that Kodak but I am not a big fan of it. Woud like to see some pictures taken with it first and I may consider it.

Edited by zerodamage

I'll retrace my tracks and see if I can figure out where it was. I'm a huge Nikon fan as well.

I remember another thing about that camera that was turning people off. It has no viewfinder on it. You have to use the LCD and people were saying that if you take pictures when there's any decent amount of sunlight it was hard to see what you were taking the picture of because of the LCD.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I'll retrace my tracks and see if I can figure out where it was.  I'm a huge Nikon fan as well. 

I remember another thing about that camera that was turning people off.  It has no viewfinder on it.  You have to use the LCD and people were saying that if you take pictures when there's any decent amount of sunlight it was hard to see what you were taking the picture of because of the LCD.

You ever find anything bud?