Help with voice

SuperJo

I got a headset today, Its a usb one. I cant seem to get it setup however. It works with voice recorder and all. But the voice tweak for halflife tells me it cant fine mic volume. didnt know where to post this. Any help would be great.

I believe most USB stuff asks you to install software before you plug it in, right?

I know there's some USB people out here, you should get your answer.

I'd say: test your mic outside of .5life first....like with sound recorder.

Most of these types of problems are driver related. Try some different drivers, and by that I mean new and old ones. Also, it may just not work with CS. Had a Phillips sound card that just would not work, even went thru a couple of their tech guys about it (argh :angry: ), in the end concluded it just wouldn't work.

Also, you might try disabling your other soundcard (if you have one). Either thru windows, pulling it out, or, if it's onboard, thru bios or a jumper on the mobo. Maybe it's still trying to pull the mic from there.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

One thing i noticed is the conflict with Directx8 and USB devices and Half Life. Upgrade to DX9 if you havne't already and there should be software for the microphone. try playing halflife based games with the software off and then with it on.

on more thing.. fatty please move this to hardware. thx

I use a USB microphone (the one that came with SOCOM :lol: ). I just had to plug it in then readjust the microphone record settings in Sound control panel. Just changed it from my sound card to "USB Audio Device". Rebooted and it worked fine with both DirectX8 and 9. But yeah, upgrade to 9 if you've set up everything correctly.

Well you see the directions that came with the headset said just to plug it in while the computer is on, and windows xp automatically installed drivers for it. USB audio device, and like USB composite something. And it works in windows and all. Just stupid voice_tweak.exe wont detect mic volume?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GotBeer?
Guest GotBeer?
Guest GotBeer?
Guests

your flax capacitor is broken ....... lol "back to the future"