under $1000 system

Cujo

sI just bought a bunch of parts from newegg. I got the DFI Ultra-D mobo and it's pretty rock solid. Easy setup, good bios, looks tight in mah window too. They also have real good forums on dfi-street.com on how to set up mbm, overclock, and help troublehoot issues. Two thumbs up for DFI

I also got a rosewill 500watt psu with blue leds and so far it's a champ. There are copious connectors, SATA compatibility, and the wires are all sheathed in black webbing. Unfortunately, I had to install it upside down (wth?) because of the fan grill on the top, but it's an intake fan anyway so it seems like it would help to have it circulate air around the mobo. After 2 weeks, I say it's a good product, no complaints.

I spent almost exactly $1000 on my box and, in addition to the DFI mobo and Rosewill PSU:

Athlon 64 3700+

2x512 OCZ Performance Series ram (copper heatsinks look awesome :-P)

evga 7800gt (came with free Call of Duty 2, which I havent even played yet lol)

Maxtor Maxline SATA 300gig hdd

Lian Li pc65 USB case

I had a dvd drive and burner from an old compy, so I didn't need to buy an optical drive. I also had 2 200gig IDE hdds, so i have 600 gigs in mah box :-)

Eventually, I plan on upgrading to a dual core proc and getting another card for SLI, but I probably don't need to do that for another year or two.