Nepenthe Holiday Loadout - Now active!

Flitterkill

1) ONS-Flurry in the mix

Sort of a different take on Frostbite with more nodes and a very vertically orientated map. Look for the jump boots!

2) Santa hats for all

3) Candycanes are your seasonal weapon lockers

4) Presents randomly strewn across the map.

Pick one up - see whatcha get - some of the powerups are not typical for ONS...

Also, ONS-Crossfire-Unbound back in rotation by request (same as regular Crossfire but with an additonal node path between the cores) along with a newer map - ONS-Maelstrom-NV - we'll see how Maelstrom shakes out seeing as it has no vehicles... :)

Holiday Loadout remains active through X-mas, prob near to New Years.

'Tis the season for giving, so, please, GIVE RIDES!

-Fk

Definitely. It's VERY tough at first, but it's a blast once you've adjusted.

Assuming you're a CS:S player, the big three differences are:

1. You have to move/dodge and aim accurately to survive. There is no reticule that changes your accuracy. And if you stand still and shoot, you will get owned constantly.

2. You get to respawn infinitely. No more waiting until the end of the round.

3. It is VERY FAST-PACED. Strategy is important, but so is reflex time.

The more the merrier.  I can't wait to see the new map and how dorky we all look with santa hats on.

Well, I don't think we looked all that dorky. It was nice connecting last night and being surprised by the changes. It was almost like it was Christmas already. *sniff*

Seriously though I think they are nice festive touches although not sure about the Maelstrom map......

I only had time for one game last night. <_< I finally got most of my Xmas shopping done so I'll be hanging out in nep for most of the weekend! :boing:

I kind of like the Maelstrom map... Its nice to have something different in the line up.

*cough* Members get reserves on all GC servers... *cough*

Just sayin'

Oh snap.

Sorry, I'm still poor. Now that I've done all my X-mas shopping, I'm poorer still. Too bad I can't pay a monthly subscription. ;)

It's o.k. If I can't get on, there are a couple more servers that I like. Teamwork sucks on them and there are some real jack-holes playing, but since I get slaughtered on GC, I actually do well on other servers. All that butt kicking I take from you guys is paying off.

And hey - welcome to the forums Gorgonzolla!

-Fk

Thanks! I had an account some time ago and had posted then but it seemed to have been cleaned up/deleted (probably due to inactivity....that's my bad).

Between Family and too much travelling for work it leaves little time to play. I love going to Chicago and Wisconsin for work but the frequency as of late has been a bit heavy (25-50% of my time). Need to get some time and improve the UT skills....oh well, that just means I can be cannon fodder for the rest of you in the meantime I suppose.

Hmmmm....I wonder how UT2004 would run on my laptop.....high speed Internet is free in many of the hotels now and I would probably have less hops to reach the GC server compared to my home PC (located in the middle of nowhere New Brunswick).

GC Board Member

I have a separate copy of UT2004 on my notebook (HP ZD7000) but the bottom line is even though this is a desktop-caliber notebook, it ain't got squat for onboard video and the refresh rate of the LCD is just a tad slow.

And of course, dial up from the wilds of WI, even though close to Chi-town, yeah... not happening.

Yeah, sometimes you ping fine to us, othertimes your pings to us are really bad Gorg - How many hops do you have to us anyways?

-Fk

I have a separate copy of UT2004 on my notebook (HP ZD7000) but the bottom line is even though this is a desktop-caliber notebook, it ain't got squat for onboard video and the refresh rate of the LCD is just a tad slow.

And of course, dial up from the wilds of WI, even though close to Chi-town, yeah... not happening.

Yeah, sometimes you ping fine to us, othertimes your pings to us are really bad Gorg - How many hops do you have to us anyways?

-Fk

Yeah, I wasn't seriously going to get another copy to put on my laptop but it would be nice to try playing from somewhere a bit closer to see the difference. I am often down in Chicago and up in Appleton, WI. Appleton would not classify as the wilds exactly I would think....although our facilities in Plover, Rice Lake and Fort Atkinson certainly fall more in that category.

Right now I basically have 16 hops between me up here in the Great White North and the GC server. To me it is often more about the crowd that is there and the fact that you are playing aginst some familiar faces....and the fact that they just happen to be wearing Santa hats right now is added amusement.

Now if I can only think of a way to get the money off to join GC without the wife noticing! Darn you to heck online banking!

Plover?

LOL - hardly the wilds though I do have a rather skewed perspective on the matter seeing as how I spent the first 25 years of my life in Stevens Point...

What company we talkin bout here that you have facilities in Plover?

-Fk

Steven's Point is where I usually stay when I am in that next of the woods. Haven't wandered around the community that much so haven't determined if there are any wondrous sites to behold.

The company I work for can be found here. I am a corporate employee based in a very rural area od Canada where we have our Head Office. Our US division you can find here.

World's largest producer of french fries baby! The plants in Appleton, Fort Atkinson and Rice Lake do appetizer thoughs (onion rings, cream cheese stuff jalepenos, cheese sticks, ets., etc) not French Fries.

Gotta head to Plover and Appleton again at the start of the year. There is a restaurant just off of where highway 10 comes into Steven's Point. Cannot remember the name of it but it has a huge wooden cask for a door. Had a great steak with blue cheese sprinkled on it earlier this year when I was there. Need to go back and partake once again.

GC Board Member

Mitchell's Hilltop

I usually hit the Friday fishfry the every time I get back to Point

Just gonna miss ya too - will be back there sometime next week but head back to Bloomington, IN before New Years.

If in Appleton, as you leave towards Stevens Point on Hwy 10/37 (whatever it is called) - make sure you stop at the Jansport Factory Outlet - a *true* outlet in the sense that the manufacturing facilty is right next door.

-Fk

Ahh yes the Hilltop....that was a great meal.

I never seem to be around on Friday's in Wisconsin to partake of a "Friday fishfry". See signs for them but usually I am on a plane back home on Friday or in Chi-town about to take a flight back on Saturday.

Thanks for the Jansport info. I may indeed try and stop in when I head through in January.