Server Update for Late January, 2006

Flitterkill

1) ONSPLus 1.0

See previous forum posts on what this all does (or link below).

- Bonus point (single) for every 200 points of healing one does

- Bonus point (single) for every 400 in damage done to a vehicle

- Linked builders of nodes will *share* points for building/healing

If you have a prefered side checked in your settings (red/blue) this is now ignored for balance purposes.

More info:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/ONSPlus.html

You can change key-binds for some of the new options I haven't mentioned (see link above) by hitting esc in-game to bring up the main in-game menu, then hit the game tab. The ONSPlus button is in the lower right.

2) ServerEXT 1.09

We run this already for the chatfilter - this version is cleaned up some performance-wise and adds some things for the admin backend

Players will not notice anything out of the ordinary.

3) ChatFilter tweaks

The filter has been tweaked - hit it five times and you are muted for the remainder of the map. This *does* work now by the way...

There is likely 50% less-bacon as well as many of the filtered words are now replaced with condition-specific responses (not that those will make any more sense...)

4) AntiTCC 1.19 beta 26 *NOT YET*

We will be throwing AntiTCC up for a wee bit once it gets a bit more stable.

We try to run lean on this server to keep performance up, and with good players, one really doesn't need to worry bout botters too much.

Which leads to...

5) A reminder that...

...we do have many top-tier ONS players who alias here (play under an assumed name) who are ridiculously good.

Moonshine comes to mind - though you will never see this person play under that name here. A kills-to-death score of 150 to 20 is not uncommon for this individual. Doesn't mean he/she is botting.

Maps:

New map Araja is onboard - nothing special - just a big open, Valarna-like map. We'll see how it swings performance-wise.

Urban-LE is in the mix for a change up.

And it has been awhile since we had Spiffengrad on here - the author revised this map back in October with a new node config, ECE vehicles and other additions. Let's give this a try as well.

Red Planet *out* for the time being.

-Fk

As I stated in the other post I am really against these:

- Bonus point (single) for every 200 points of healing one does

- Bonus point (single) for every 400 in damage done to a vehicle

I can be persuaded on the healing one, however the all the vehicle dmage one will do is get people to go around and kill the empty enemy vehicles instead of concentrating on nodes.