iPod video help...

anonymo

So I splurged and bought a 30gig iPod Video (black) on the weekend and now I'm having issues actually getting video onto the silly thing...I've converted files to mp4 just fine, but they won't import into iTunes...so anyone know if there are restrictions on bitrate or something that I left out when converting or should I use a third party uploading program to force the files onto the iPod?

So I splurged and bought a 30gig iPod Video (black) on the weekend and now I'm having issues actually getting video onto the silly thing...I've converted files to mp4 just fine, but they won't import into iTunes...so anyone know if there are restrictions on bitrate or something that I left out when converting or should I use a third party uploading program to force the files onto the iPod?

Try this program to convert it

Edited by Acid-Flux

Yeah I have since tried that but it doesn't work...I've also since found some of what I was trying to convert over the web, so that will tide me over til I can figure it all out. Having every Family Guy and all the Faulty Towers episodes everywhere I go is the mostest awesomest thing eva!

Yeah I have since tried that but it doesn't work...I've also since found some of what I was trying to convert over the web, so that will tide me over til I can figure it all out. Having every Family Guy and all the Faulty Towers episodes everywhere I go is the mostest awesomest thing eva!

Whoa, you have Faulty Towers? Could I get a copy of that from you? Also, you wouldnt happen to have "Only Fools and Horse's" would ya? :)

ps. im looking into a different converter for you. should have somthing tested before tonight.

Edited by Acid-Flux

yes there ARE video size restrictions.

However, are you having trouble importing them into iTunes or actually putting them from iTunes to your iPod? Those are 2 different problems and I can't figure out which one you mean.

iTunes should import ANY mp4 video...but to get it to the iPod it has to be a specific resolution and bitrate.

From apples website:

* H.264 video up to 768 kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per second; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per second

Thanks playaa...yeah it's not sending them to the iPod but importing them just into iTunes! I've tried importing them, i double click the file in the window that comes up (and my files are displayed with file types set to mp4) but then it just doesn't do anything, they don't show up...i've tried both adding the specific file to my iTunes library and adding the folder they're in, both give me the same result as importing...nothing happens, though i'll try setting the correct screen res and such from the apple website that you so helpfully provided and tell you if it worked

cid, I don't have any Only Fools and Horses unfortunately...I've never even seen the DVD in stores...the Faulty Towers I found through thepiratebay.org (<warning, swedish website, might get you sued)

If you're a fan of British comedy's...especially Monty Python you have to check out The Last 1948 Show...it's basically the grandaddy of the whole Monty family...and Marty Feldman was not only on it but one of the main writers, a must have!