Another One.

Scourge

Well, after posting some of those pics up last night I got in the mood to go out and see what I could do tonight(haven't really felt like taking pics much lately).

About a 20 minute hike to the bottom of the falls I was already frozen, lol. Only hung around for about a half hour, managed to get about 10 shots.

This is one of my two fav's. It was taken well after dark.

Albion1.jpg

Just a quick and dirty PS job, but there's not much more I need to do to it. Haven't touched any of the others yet.

-George :freak3: As usual, feel free to comment on it. I can always use some constructive critisism or en(dis?)couragement, haha.

I really like that picture..... 100% honest though, and there's really nothing you could do about it, but I'd like it better w/o the fence up top and w/o that tree in the foreground. For some reason those two things "take something away" from the picture imo.

Another thing I'm curious about.... is that ice, or is that an effect of a slow shutter speed? I love playing with shutter speed and water to get different effects.

I really like that picture..... 100% honest though, and there's really nothing you could do about it, but I'd like it better w/o the fence up top and w/o that tree in the foreground. For some reason those two things "take something away" from the picture imo.

Another thing I'm curious about.... is that ice, or is that an effect of a slow shutter speed? I love playing with shutter speed and water to get different effects.

I'm up in the air about the fence. I could go either way with it though. On one hand, it would look nicer, a little more undeveloped. On the other, it proves that there's hardly anywhere around here these days that hasn't been affected by people. I could pull the fence out quite easily in PS, but for now it stay :D.

I completely agree with that tree being in the way though, lol.

The water was flowing quite freely. It was a 90 second exposure I believe. Ok, checked the exif. 85 seconds, F8, 100iso, and it was shot with the kit lens at 18mm.

I've got an ND(neutral density) filter on my list of things to buy. You can cut down the light by multiple stops without afftecting colour/image integrity with them. Excellent for bluring water in daytime shots.

Thanks for the comments!

-George :freak3: