Downtown Chicago

Bubblegum Bandit

chicago.jpg

I did some messing around in photoshop with the sky. A couple of copies and overlays (I forget the actual action atm) and put them at 50% to try to bring out the definition in the clouds. In the process I think you can see a bit too much of the transition of subjects to sky. Never the less, I really like this picture.

I've got a few more I'm searching for.......

nice shot!

theres a weird halo around the buildings that makes it stick out from the sky.

do you have the original? i've been goofin off with my new mactel 20" at work :P i'd like to take a swing at it.

theres a weird halo around the buildings that makes it stick out from the sky.

Yeah, that was what I was referring to by the transition from the building to the sky. Side effect of dupicating and overlaying the sky to try to bring some more definition to the clouds.

I've got the original on my server at home, if I remember I'll see if I can dig it up tonight.

I think that was a statue of someone scourge, so it probably is a concrete person...LOL

Fun sidenote. I took that shot from the bow of a boat when my wife and I were taking an architectural boat tour. It just happened by chance that I caught the flag in the forground, that's the flag of the city of Chicago. More fun tidbits, we really enjoyed the tour until our boat broke down and had to be pulled back to teh dock....