enabling agp

Z3RO

so i decide to give my new ati card another chance. and thought tht riva tuner might be the cuse of the problems im having so i opended it to se wuts up. opende one of teh tabs tht hives me a system report and it says the my agp is disabled. ive been looking on line and have found people with simalar emachines trying to put ati cards in as well and having problems though the problems arnt the same. all the same i was jus wondering how to enable agp. i have no bios tht allow me to do such.

Are you saying you have no bios, or that you cant find the option in the bios?

If I want to turn from onboard intergrated graphics to my agp card, I open up the bios on start up by hitting the delete key (probably different for your system), hit the right key to go to the advanced tab, use the arrow keys to move down to the 'CHIPSET CONFIGURATION' option, and then there will be options about where the system will read the graphics card from. Swap that so the AGP is read first, then press f10 to save the settings and shut down. Swap the monitor cable from the onbard graphics to the graphics card plug, then boot up again and it should work.

On a side note, it would make it a lot easier to read your posts if you typed the words out properly, and not in txt msg 4m8tion.

Edited by *BiGBonES**