Undo a config

I would have put this in the mods section but the last post there is feb 10th and it seems kinda stale and I need an answer as soon as possible. If this is a problem please gimmy a slap on the wrist and delete or teleport this topic.

Anyways I installed casey's config awhile ago, edited it to my liking, and now I got an issue, I am working with Forz on map making and I need to max out my graphics, FPS is not a concern at all, I just need the highest settings possible. I set in options all the settings at max but I notice some of the things from Caseys config persist, dispite removing caseys config from the corrct folder. Caseys config sets things in the console for you at the begginging, and im guessing many of the things once changed stay changed untill changed back. So my question is how do I undo the changes. If I reinstall, when i go to play a real game of CSS with caseys config it will set it back and ill have to reinstall everytime I need to test a map.

Am i just going to have to make an ANTICasey's config?

move config.cfg to another folder or desktop or something. Run css. You should get a fresh config.

Make it read only

make another config that has the tweaked stuff in it. Tweaked.cfg or something. AFTER you enter a server, exec it from console. exec T and Tweaked will show up.

This way you get to play with your tweaks WHEN YOU WANT EM, and stay stock when you dont.

(edited)

I would do what laz said move the current config out to the desktop or something launch the game it will make a new one rename the new one to something like maxQ.cfg then copy paste all the text below into the maxQ.cfg make sure there are no dulpicates. put your old config back in the cs dir. when u want to use it maxq.cfg type exec maxq.cfg in the console and when u are done type exec config.cfg to go back to your other config. It is best that u exec these right after u join cs without any games or servers open. if u execute either of these while playing in a game or with your own sever it will cause all the materials to load witch will cause massive lagg just hit disconnect execute the config and rejoin or recreat the server instead of executing it while playing it is much faster and doesnt crash. Hit me up on teamspeak kannin I can give u better details. I'll be on tonight for sure I am playing hooky from work today. so if u got some spare time today u can find me on teamspeak.

mat_specular 1

mat_fastspecular 1

mat_bumpmap 1

mat_fastnobump 0

r_rootlod 0

r_waterforcereflectentities 1

r_shadowrendertotexture 1

mat_picmip 0

mat_reducefillrate 0

anti-aliasing

mat_antialias 4

mat_forceaniso 4