Carbo loading

*BiGBonES**

Has anyone tried to increase their physical performance by carbo-loading before a particulary hard event/race?

At the moment I'm hearing lots of different things: Some people are saying just eat pasta and high carbo foods a few days before the race, whilst other people are saying things about eating high protien foods before/after introducing pure carbohydrates :unsure:

Has anyone tried it to any noticable improvement? Does anyone know the correct logic behind this performance enhancing method?

At the moment I'm unsure if its having any influence on my performance. I'm not the sort of person who tires due to a lack of energy, but rather to the fact that lactic acid is building up in my legs, or my lungs are packing in due to the need for oxygen.

My second question is whether or not its effective for short distance events. If correctly done, its obvously going to enhance performance over a marathon where the body will be desperate for energy, but what about short/middle distance events?

If anyone has any information, post up - I'm sure a lot of us could learn something new :smillie_smilling:

To not go into too much detail right now, but I use to run cross country, and I was told to eat Carbs a few days b4 to build stamia. Shy away from milk products which contain lactose.. which create lactic acid (burning feeling in muscles) STAY hydrated... the water helps flush your muscles of the lactic acid. Try not to eat a lot of sucrose... that helps for bursts of energy, but you'll tire quickly.

I hope to add more later.. but Im kinda depressed to be in these forums right now (havent worked out in awhile!) but i have my reasons: P