Continuous Ink System. (aka Bulk nk system)

Acid-Flux

I’ve had this bulk system for about 2 months now, and I just noticed that I am just running low on some ink, and I thought to myself, why not put up a spiffy recommendation to all the GC crew.

So my sister bought me a R220 Epson printer for Xmas, it comes with 6 different colored ink cartridges so I was dreading the day when I had to replace the ink. Each cartridge costs about $15 to replace. So by my quick calculations that is $90 to refill all my ink So I thought to myself THERE OUGHT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!! Well I didn’t actually think that, was just looking up ink replacements and came across the Continuous Ink Systems.

Basically the C.I.S system holds a reservoir filled with each individual ink color. Plastic tubing connect from the reservoir to the special ink cartridges. Now, you don’t even need to take out the cartridges, you can refill the ink in the separate reservoirs.

The system I got I was able to find off eBay for $55, and that came with a FULL reservoir of ink. You can buy replacement bottles of ink cheap on eBay, so that even cuts the ink price down even more! So before you go buy that next expensive ink carriage, or even a printer; check to see if a Continuous Ink System is available for your printer. It’s well worth the money; then again if you manage to spill a little ink over some carpet like I did you might start cursing.

Well ive been printing off amazing pics and it hasnt missed a heart beat yet.

as for killing your printerhead, well for saying ive gotten 2* worth my money by just buying the system itself instead of regular cart's I think it's well worth it. All you have to do is take good care of your tools, in this case a printer and you wont have a problem with it. ie, do a routine checkup / cleaning of it.

Also, for the ammount of pictures that i've printed and sent of to family members it's well worth it. god only knows many times I would ove had to replace the cart's if I just used oem ink.