The default CS:S gun sounds are pathetic and phony.

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

That's right, I said it. The ump sounds like someone was beating on a cardboard box and did some black magic on the wav with soundforge! Lets not forget everyones favorite the AK. Sounds like the bark of a dog that has been heavily distorted. My solution to the problem is the BF2 soundpack :)

That's right, I said it. The ump sounds like someone was beating on a cardboard box and did some black magic on the wav with soundforge! Lets not forget everyones favorite the AK. Sounds like the bark of a dog that has been heavily distorted. My solution to the problem is the BF2 soundpack :)

is that soundpack in csbanana?

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

is that soundpack in csbanana?

Yeah, I think that's where I got it from. Been a long time since I've installed it.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
The problem with putting Battlefield 2 sounds in CS is that they only have about five guns in common.

That's not a big issue, alot of the guns that aren't common were replaced by other guns in BF2. It's not bad sounding at all. My usp sounds like one of the chinese guns, dunno which one it is but it has a nice "pop" sound to it that gives it alot of punch :)

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Hey, I like that cardboard soundforged sound!

Do you really think they are "inaccurate" though? I really wouldn't know. I think whiteyford could lend insight into the m4 sounds, at least.

Well, I've never fired an actual gun myself but since I do live in detroit I've heard my fair share of gun shots so yes, the BF2 sounds are alot more accurate. They have that sort of "pop" sound to them, like a firecracker going off. Also, the sound designers at DICE actually went on a firing range and fired all the guns in the game to record the sounds.

I've been thinking bout this for a long time... we often have gun shoots here at work and we often play with the m4, beretta, shotgun *not auto*, mp5's. When I get a chance, I will record their sound and create a soundpack. For the other guns like the AK, Galil, Famas etc etc, i think it's going to be hard hehe. I have to wait till the "operators" play with them. They don't let us fire those suckers for some reason. One thing for sure, I will never fire a .50 cal sniper rifle again! My shoulders hurt after that one lol

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
I've been thinking bout this for a long time... we often have gun shoots here at work and we often play with the m4, beretta, shotgun *not auto*, mp5's. When I get a chance, I will record their sound and create a soundpack. For the other guns like the AK, Galil, Famas etc etc, i think it's going to be hard hehe. I have to wait till the "operators" play with them. They don't let us fire those suckers for some reason. One thing for sure, I will never fire a .50 cal sniper rifle again! My shoulders hurt after that one lol

You're gonna need an excellent mic to do it. Loud sounds like gunshots never come out sounding right on recordings as you can see in any reality TV show involving shootouts with police etc.(not counting the ones where they obviously insert phony hollywood effects) If you're at an indoor firing range then the acoustics of the room may mess the sounds up. Actually, I'm not a sound designer so I don't really have a clue of what I am talking about but it does seem fairly logical to me. Btw, how's a real M4 handle like? Better or worse than CS?

Edited by ash-

In my opinion the BF2 sounds are right on. I was just commenting on this to my fiancee the other day. They really nailed the 5.56 round sounds (M4, M249) and the .50 is pretty good too (talking about the M2, not the sniper - I've never fired or heard that one in real life).

• 5 weeks later...