Banned ;Not sure why please read

steven

Hi. I play on the GCftw.com | FF | Stock | Westcoast > Immutable 100tic server. I am usually third to first on the scoreboards and try to call rushes on tough maps like dust or aztec.

Anways, Around 3:00 PM PST or so I was banned. It was on DUST2 and at the very end of the game, when we're all frozen and the scoreboard is shown. I was accusing someone of cheating, because I thought they were fishy. In teamspeak, I was talking to someone else and saying he was walling. I didn't curse or spectate exploit. I didn't put anyone down, either, unless you could count accusing someone of cheating. I love to play on this server, as I admit it is one of the best I have seen online. I am sorry if I did something wrong. I am just begging on my knees to be unbanned. Again, I like this server and it would be a loss to me if I was permanently banned. Please reconsider I won't do whatever I did wrong again.

My steamid is STEAM_0:1:826122 and name is sTeVeN on the server.

thanks for a good post. i had kicked you several times last night, first for offensive language, second for mic spamming. from your post, it sounds like you're aware of our rules. even still, after the 2nd kick, your attitude wasn't on par with what we expect. no complaing, whining, etc.

one of our members had the same problems today and reported it.

Today there was a steady stream of complaining, regarding both the maps we were playing and other players, sometimes flaming. When the map wasn't changed after his first request, he got on admin chat and requested a map change. When I asked him to stay off admin chat, he got very confrontational.

I had a similar problem with him a few days ago regarding the spec exploit. When I asked him to stop using it, his replay was "Are you an admin?"

for the record, whether or not he's an admin should make no difference. our admins don't have soapboxes (and if they do let me know), and our members and pubbers deserve the same respect that it seems you think only admins should have.

honestly, i didn't expect you to come into the forums. i appreciate the good words about the servers--we all VOLUNTEER a lot of our free time to them. it's always a bummer to hear some random person come in and gripe. it undermines the effort we put into things. it also drags down the other 21 people who ARE having a good time.

from our standards page "We at GamersCoalition believe that games are meant to be fun. When something is not fun, something needs to change." please keep this in mind while you're on our servers, cruise around our forums, and try to have fun.

i'll unban you once you reply.

(edited)
thanks for a good post. i had kicked you several times last night, first for offensive language, second for mic spamming. from your post, it sounds like you're aware of our rules. even still, after the 2nd kick, your attitude wasn't on par with what we expect. no complaing, whining, etc.

one of our members had the same problems today and reported it.

Today there was a steady stream of complaining, regarding both the maps we were playing and other players, sometimes flaming. When the map wasn't changed after his first request, he got on admin chat and requested a map change. When I asked him to stay off admin chat, he got very confrontational.

I had a similar problem with him a few days ago regarding the spec exploit. When I asked him to stop using it, his replay was "Are you an admin?"

for the record, whether or not he's an admin should make no difference. our admins don't have soapboxes (and if they do let me know), and our members and pubbers deserve the same respect that it seems you think only admins should have.

honestly, i didn't expect you to come into the forums. i appreciate the good words about the servers--we all VOLUNTEER a lot of our free time to them. it's always a bummer to hear some random person come in and gripe. it undermines the effort we put into things. it also drags down the other 21 people who ARE having a good time.

from our standards page "We at GamersCoalition believe that games are meant to be fun. When something is not fun, something needs to change." please keep this in mind while you're on our servers, cruise around our forums, and try to have fun.

i'll unban you once you reply.

Thanks man. I am sorry I sung a line or two of Simple Plan on the microphone and exaggerated the violence of words through screeching yesterday, but I stopped after I rejoined from being kicked. And for the spec exploit thing, I try to not do it but it's a habit because of playing on other servers that start $16k.

As for getting "very confrontational", I just thought it was silly that I should ask EVERYONE a question that only an admin can do something about. I've learned that rockthevote doesn't usually work.

EDIT: May I ask why I was banned?

Edited by steven

EDIT: May I ask why I was banned?
it was a combination of my experience last night and the info passed on today.

your ban is lifted. just a few reminders:

- we are a competitive public server, so we'll enforce all fair rules (like spec exploit).

- we are a fun gaming community, so please have fun.

- please show respect to everyone on the server. you'll get respect in return.

if you want to run-n-gun, you might be better off on another server. but if you want to have fun, play with teamwork, and not have to put up with your average internet crap, add us to your favorites.

good luck, have fun.