Daredevil

Brahma_Bull

This movie is everything I imagined it to be. Except for the fact I felt this movie moved just a bit too fast and wasn't long enough, it was great. Maybe they should have held out till the sequel for the Kingpin vs DD fight. Jennifer Garner hotter than ever. Colin Farrell was just perfect for bullseye. Michael Clarke Duncan kicked donkey as Kingpin! I just can't say enough good stuff about this movie. Maybe its because DD is my fav marvel character of all time but this is one to definatley see, anyone else seen it? Thoughts? If your going to say it sucks, you better back it up other than the fact you hate Ben Affleck <_<

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

My problem is political correctness and the fact that Kingpin went from being a fat white guy to a muscular black guy. I own the "novel series" about DD and kingpin looks white to me. Why do they have to do this?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Probably cause hes a decent actor and a big donkey mofo  :ph34r:

I didn't say he wasn't. My problem is that they have to have a "minority" in every movie like this or it is not politically correct and there will be this huge problem if there isn't. Even if it means protraying the wrong character in the wrong way.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Lets spin this in another direction: Z, who would you have cast? They're cashing in on star power with this movie (Affleck, Garner, Farrell, and Duncan). So.... what big name, white actor that looks the part would you have cast??

I have already seen this movie twice...It is definitely better than Spiderman...Im not very familiar with Daredevil as in the comics and story, but I do know that Kingpin was white. Ben Affleck did a surprisingly good job as DD. Jennifer Garner is my second favorite actress and is off the shizbang. COLIN FARRELL rocked...I love how he...Darnit, I really wanna give it away don't I...anyways, he is koo.

Edit - also, I think many people don't give a lot of credit to Jon Favreau, I think he did well as DD friend and co-worker.

This movie had the potential to be the gritty anti-Spiderman that it should have been. A flat broke lawyer, whose only power is not being able to see, beats the poop out of people who have it coming to them.

But they cast Ben Affleck. Nothing against him. He was good in Dazed and Confused. And Ok in the Kevin Smith movies he's done.

But Ben Affleck is not the gritty, hard-boiled, bad a** that Daredevil deserves. He started his career typecast as a bully, made Pearl Harbor, and kissed J. Lo's butt in a music video.

Daredevil suffered by going for a PG-13 rating. The violence either seemed comical or totally unnecessary. I could see what they were going for, but it was all lost for the sake of making a blockbuster. What it should have been was a mega-violent Batman meets Blade Runner kind of thing.

But it wasn't. It was Colin Farrel throwing paper clips at a guy's adam's apple.

Too bad it wasn't Ben Affleck's.

Speaking of Colin Farrel, his performance was delightfully campy. Which was one of the highlights of the movie. He didn't really have any good lines. No one did. But in such a half-a

**ed attempt at a movie, Farrel was the only person who actually tried to make it something. Silly or serious. Just something.

The dialouge was awful. This is the confrontation between Daredevil and Kingpin:

kingpin:

Daredevil.

daredevil

Kingpin. *throws stick. fights*

Maybe they should have let Kevin Smith write and direct.

That would have been sweet.

The cameo was a painful reminder of how much better the movie could have been.

And another thing...

They should have forced Jennifer Garner to wear the real Elektra costume.

That might have been worth it. :)

Oh the plotholes... the inconsistencies!

Awful.

Like how Ben Affleck (not Matt Murdock. He was Ben Affleck thoughout the whole movie) couldn't sleep outside of his sensory deprivation tank thingy... But after he sexed up Garner, he had no trouble sleeping without it.

The action was all torn straight from Spiderman, Batman, and the Matrix.

I don't even know how this movie got made.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Ace, I have said time and time again that Afleck is a poop actor and that he is he one dimensional. DD is one of those comic book characters that you hear little about but shows up just at the right time. I have this older "Punisher" comic book where DD kicks his donkey in less than 2 pages and puts "Punisher" in his place.

DD was trained by older man, his name I can not remember and I do not see reference to this. Ace, was this in the movie or did Afleck just instantly become a super hero? If so, i do not want to see it.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

sexy, affleck is one dimensional, whether i bash him or not he will be this way.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
ugh i havent seen it yet and i would rather see shangai noon  :P

Shanghai Noon was pretty funny :rolleyes: but Shanghai Knights is better... but you must see the first before you see the sequal.

Movies can actually differ from what they were based on... Yes, it's a weird idea I know!